1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London
In a talk to patients in London on 3rd September, Dr. W. Ian Lipkin described the extraordinary lengths he and his team are prepared to go to in order to track down the source of an illness, with examples ranging from autism to the strange case of Kawasaki disease.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Boosting testosterone for ME symptom alleviation?

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by redo, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Rand56

Rand56 Senior Member

Myrtle Beach, SC
    hi baccarat

I know this is an old post of yours but if I may ask, what form of zinc are you taking? I recently have upped my zinc intake and supplementing zinc citrate, and from a lot of reading up on it lately, there is just a bunch of conflicting info out there on what the best absorbable form is whether it would be opti-zinc, ionic liquid version, picolinate, glycinate, or citrate. I'm starting to sense some more strength in the gym so maybe the citrate version is doing me well but if you or anyone else knows what's the best absorbable form is, I'd like to know.

Has anyone ever taken the Water Oz Zinc? I've never taken it but I'm assuming it would be good because from other threads, in particular the B-2 threads, people have taken the Water Oz Manganese.

Rand

2. triffid113

triffid113 Day of the Square Peg

Michigan
    I am also interested in raising my free testosterone (I know it sounds funny because I am female). I do take zinc. I found that my hormone test results in September (peak readings after hormone pellet injection) showed lower free testosterone than in December (nadir readings after hormone pellet injection) and I rationalize it that in September I have trouble getting enough zinc to counteract that which is used up by my allergies (they use up at least 75mg/day). I asked Life Extension what I can do to increase free testosterone (considering that my SBHG is as it should be) and they said to fix my thyroid readings (which incidentally zinc helps to do). I also have issues with low protein (need extra tyrosine to be able to make thyroid hormone). Not sure about anything else.

---

I wanted to say this: nettle increases insulin, which makes you get low blood sugar, which makes you eat. I think if you take it every day it will make you gain weight. Potentially guggul could fix this as guggul is known to lower insulin, but I have no experience with this so I cannot vouch for it. I looked into nettle for allergies...it works but wears off quickly and has to be frequently re-taken.

3. MishMash

MishMash *****

Georgia
    I took testosterone for weak bones back in the 90s. I must say, taking Anadrol (a former favroite performance enhancing substance in the Olympics) for six months, along with a sustained weight lifting program pushed my bone density back into low-normal range. But I definitely did not feel any relief from ME. The doc seemed confident it would relieve my CFS symptoms, but I didn't notice any change. I just got stronger, temporarily.

4. Sherlock

Sherlock tart cherry etc. for joints, insomnia

Czechosherlockia, USA
    You probably know this, but too much zinc creates low copper -- then again, how much zinc is too much in any particular person?

See more popular forum discussions.