The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Book Recommendation: Enteroimmunology.

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Ema, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Yeah, who really wants to read that mouthful??

But I'm really impressed so far with how on point this book is with our many and varied symptom profiles. It's chock full of references too...HPA axis dysfunction, inflammatory cytokines, Vitamin D3, MCAS, biofilms, vitamins, neurotransmitters...it's all here.

Anyone with mast cell disorders especially and food allergies will want to check this one out.

http://www.amazon.com/Enteroimmunol...Inflammatory/dp/1502706946/ref=dp_ob_title_bk

2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

I've added it to my reading list, although the $74.54 price tag is intimidating. And why do used books so often cost more than new books on Amazon???

PeterPositive likes this.
  3. rebar

rebar Senior Member

Looks to be fascinating. Ema are you finding anything which alters or directs your own approach to treatment. I may purchase but 75 bucks is a little steep. It could be a good resource if read by several and discussed here.

4. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Check your local library for the book too. You never know and that is a good way to try before you buy. It is stupid expensive but it's dense and long too.

I think I will make some changes based upon my reading to my diet. For example, I read that adding salt to carbs increases amylase which increases the glycemic index of the starch. I'm a heavy salter so I think I will cut back on salting things like potatoes. Also, it encouraged me to make double sure I'm avoiding fructose (especially high fructose corn syrup). And to cut down on my potato consumption in general.

And that's just the first part...I'll report back more later!

Little Bluestem and Sasha like this.
  5. rebar

rebar Senior Member

OK, read the sample, seems quite accessible. Not a difficult read. I think I'll take the plunge.
    Ema, is the book still holding up?

6. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Yes, I learned that a hot bath will help improve insulin sensitivity.

And that mitochondrial supplements take about 6 months to show benefits...so I should be cured about 4.5 years ago. LOL.

Let me know if you enjoy it!

Little Bluestem likes this.
  7. rebar

rebar Senior Member

it arrived and I have read first 3 chapters, I'll continue tonight. so far so good.
    Ema, did you read it in it's entirety?
    I've been focusing on my gut for about 6 to 8 months with real improvement overall,
    hopefully this will help me fine tune my direction.

8. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I skimmed the whole thing...and then got distracted by some other things going on and haven't gotten back to read it more thoroughly.

See more popular forum discussions.