1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bond University study results - looking at NK Cell function. My results.

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by da_foles, Apr 23, 2011.

1. da_foles

da_foles

brisbane, Australia
    Hi all,

CFS for 18 months now. Massive initial crash slowly improving 1-2% a month since crash.
    Many areas have improved for me. Less aches, better sleep, less fatigue but I still have CFS.

Anyway I'm in a study that Bond university has been conducting over a 2 year period here in Australia.
    Thought I would share my results with you all. They are looking at NK cell function, basically trying to find a way of diagnosing the illness and not curing it yet.

Natural Kill cell Activity (%) 4.3 reference range 13.8 - 34.8
    Natural killer Dim Cell(%) 78 reference range 60-88
    Natural killer Bright Cell (%) 3.75 Reference range 5-15

definitely shows we have problems with our bodies/immune systems.

2. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hi de_Foles,

Thanks for posting your results. Congratulation on your incremental progress! My understanding is that most doctors barely even know what NK cells are. Hopefully this will change, as studies such as the one you're in start publishing some of their work.

Best, Wayne

3. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Thanks for sharing this de_Foles - very interesting. Hope your health keeps improving now.

See more popular forum discussions.