The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bond University study results - looking at NK Cell function. My results.

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by da_foles, Apr 23, 2011.

1. da_foles

da_foles

brisbane, Australia
    Hi all,

CFS for 18 months now. Massive initial crash slowly improving 1-2% a month since crash.
    Many areas have improved for me. Less aches, better sleep, less fatigue but I still have CFS.

Anyway I'm in a study that Bond university has been conducting over a 2 year period here in Australia.
    Thought I would share my results with you all. They are looking at NK cell function, basically trying to find a way of diagnosing the illness and not curing it yet.

Natural Kill cell Activity (%) 4.3 reference range 13.8 - 34.8
    Natural killer Dim Cell(%) 78 reference range 60-88
    Natural killer Bright Cell (%) 3.75 Reference range 5-15

definitely shows we have problems with our bodies/immune systems.

2. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hi de_Foles,

Thanks for posting your results. Congratulation on your incremental progress! My understanding is that most doctors barely even know what NK cells are. Hopefully this will change, as studies such as the one you're in start publishing some of their work.

Best, Wayne

3. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Thanks for sharing this de_Foles - very interesting. Hope your health keeps improving now.

4. herpesbaby

herpesbaby Senior Member

5. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    NK is a very known thing (specially since a lot of women having miscarriages usually suffer from High levels).
    There is also a Known ICD code called NK cell dysfunction syndrome (you do not qualify because not being low).
    What it is hard is the activity (your last 2) which is associated with cfs (being low). Only one reliable test center (in Miami) and blood has to be done within 24h.

To be honest I feel better than ever in the past 5y and my NK is lower than ever (In my case is number and activity) so particularly me ) no energy relation. Now fluish or coinfections is reaalted to the NK levels (as opposed to the energy itself) unless your virus of "choice" (the one you struggle with) is EVB, then the fatigue would be related with the levels (since a mono reactivation would cause fatigue).

6. SunMoonsStars

SunMoonsStars

How are we best to address NK cell function?
    Best supports and therapies ?

Webdog likes this.
  7. BurnA

BurnA Senior Member

8. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    Immunvir (prescription)
    LDN (prescription)
    Life extension NK cell activator (OTC)
    Inosine (OTC)
    AHCC (OTC)
    EDIT: cycloferon added by user Heapsreal.
    shiitake mushroom and white mushroom (Food) but this raises histamine so careful if mast cell isuues.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    keenly likes this.
  9. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    I will add cycloferon to your list for me

lnester7 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.