1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
California 2014: IACFS/ME Day Three: Translating Science into Clinical Care: 22 March 2014
Day Three, and Searcher continued to deliver the goods. We hear about the PANDORA national survey results, a very big familial case study from Spain, results from the Canadian Community Health Survey, more results from epidemiological studies (and a look at treatments and...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Body jerks during the night

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by Tulip, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Tulip

Tulip Guest

Thanks willow

Mya, no I don't have fibro.
  2. Athene

Athene Never give up

Italy
    Most books and websites say 400mg is the highest dose, higher than this should only be taken on medical advice. So I do think 1000 mg is high. I have to stuff down 6 tablets a day to get this level in me!
  3. Tulip

Tulip Guest

I "drink" 800mg a day of magnesium. Have you looked for it in powder form? You just mix with water and drink away :Retro smile:
  4. sleepy237

sleepy237 Senior Member

Hell
    Hi Tulip, yes I experience the jerking. I am not sure what to call it. Everything that I have looked at has already been mentioned. Apnea/Epilepsy...
    I do get a tremendous shift when I am hormonal (just now) which leads to complicated migraine/seizure type symptoms. I do have lamictal that I wont take but I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet because I can't contend with these symptoms any more. I can't define it seems a mix of migraines - numbness, vomiting, dizziness, temples spasming, myoclonus/restless leg syndrome all occuring at once for me - waking up with jerking head and feet jumping around. I think it is neural over activity. Hope this stops for you. It is so horrible to experience. Hugs ~Sleepy
  5. Athene

Athene Never give up

Italy
    I did try some powder to drink, but I found the taste so yucky I preferred the tablets! I've tried lots of different brands, but this one seems to work best for me - it is some super-absorbable form. With the other brands I just didn't seem to be getting enough even though it was theoretically the same dose. I'd keep breaking the china, always a sure sign I need more magnesium...! Oh, that and "tripping over the floor", as my sister puts it.

See more popular forum discussions.