1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Lessons from ME/CFS: Finding Meaning in the Suffering
If you're aware of my previous articles here at Phoenix Rising then it's pretty clear that I don't generally spend my time musing upon the philosophy of the disease. I find it better to spend my time reading research and trying my best to break it down to its core elements and write...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bob Miller on Hunger Strike: Send This 1-Minute Email to Get FDA Approval for Ampligen

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Feb 1, 2013.

1. garcia

garcia Aristocrat Extraordinaire

London, UK
  2. RUkiddingME

RUkiddingME Senior Member

Canada
  3. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Write to Amy Dockser Marcus at amy.marcus@wsj.com.

edit: Oops. I see now that this address didn't work for SpecialK82.
  4. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Who is the Sponsor and where is this Webcast? I would like to see it. Probably wouldn't hurt to send a copy of it to the journalists if that's part of our complaint.
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I think the sponsor was Hemispherx. I don't know if the webcast was posted.
  6. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    I don't think it was...weren't the circuits (or whatever you call 'em) overloaded, so portions of the webcast went down several times?

I have a feeling the decision has been made, and it's not a good one. Perhaps people should be swamping Hemipherx with emails rather than the FDA?
  7. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
  8. Kati

Kati Patient in training

And dannybex, what do you want us to tell Hemispherx?
  9. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Well, I'd like them to be more honest in the future. They've had a terrible track record when it comes to being open and honest with the public and with patients -- lying in June 2009 suggesting that the FDA was close to approving Ampligen is just one example of many. They've implied they didn't have enough funds to run a new trial that the FDA asked for three years ago, even though the stock went up from something like 30 cents to over 4 DOLLARS in June of that year. There are records of the executives selling their own shares of Hemispherx stock -- something that would only cause the stock to go down -- why did they not BUY more stock? On and on and on...

I hope Bob will reconsider and stop his hunger strike, for his own sake.
  10. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Certainly Hemispherx is in hot water as they are dealing with investors's class action suit. I really wish we were a credible illness and that a respectable (and rich) pharma company to do drug development, clinical trials and get drugs approved at long last!

See more popular forum discussions.