1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bob Miller on Hunger Strike: Send This 1-Minute Email to Get FDA Approval for Ampligen

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Feb 1, 2013.

1. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Was Ghandi perceived as nuts? No, he was perceived as an annoyance by the British and a hero by the people. Either way, he got what he wanted, which was to get India independent of British rule.

Valentijn and BEG like this.
  2. BEG

BEG Senior Member

Southeast US
    Done. Here is my submission to the Human Rights organization. It can also be tweaked to send to NBC, CBS, and ABC. Copy if you would like.

An NBC affiliate in Reno, NV, ran a story about a CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) patient, Robert Miller, who is speaking out concerning the FDA's possible disapproval of Ampligen, the first and only drug with proven safety, and effectiveness for a subset of the 1 million U.S. CFS patient population.

The patient community's need for treatment is so urgent that Bob is using a hunger strike as a tactic to attract attention to the forthcoming approval/disapproval of Ampligen. Ampligen is the first and only drug in the pipeline for CFS patients, and it’s been in the pipeline for twenty years. Ampligen has improved lives for so many. Ampligen patients were able to go back to prior employment. They rejoiced in the ability to live their lives again, but without Ampligen they will backslide right into their beds and remain there until another treatment comes around. With Ampligen’s disapproval, it is unlikely that CFS will see new drugs in the near future.

I would ask you to bring this newsworthy event to a broader audience, national if you will, so the public will know the plight of CFS patients with regard to Ampligen, a drug which the patient population has waited 20 years to hear "Approved!" by the FDA..

Respectfully,

YOUR NAME
    YOUR CITY, STATE

Merry, Sasha and Nico like this.
  3. Nico

Nico Senior Member

I also emailed Bill Moyers, but it has to be done through his web site. I didn't write too much, and attached Health Rising link (because it has some video testimonies).

Merry, BEG and Sasha like this.
  4. BobM

BobM

Reno, NV
    Hi all, Day 6... I am low on energy, but I would like to make a few thing clear:
    1. I am not doing this only for the approval of Ampligen, that is only a heavy straw FDA has placed on our illness, I do this for the patients suffering daily, and yes that includes me, but I have children and what if one day they get ill, I must do whatever it takes to Awaken our federal health agencies.
    2.As far as what will the medical establishment think, I can only tell you what the experts in the field think including CFSAC, they know me and know I am of sound mind and that includes FDA and HHS.
    3.The evidence, if one is unwilling to hear the evidence, it does not matter what one says. At the FDA panel meeting, the Sponsor tried to address concerns of FDA several time, but the chair would not recognize the Sponsor to respond. You will need to watch the Webcast.

Thank you all for the support,
    Bob Miller

Valentijn, BEG, SOC and 4 others like this.
  5. Rooney

Rooney

SE USA
    I'm going to call the Wall Street Journal, 212.416.2000 and the Washington Post, 212.334.6000 and USA Today,
    703.276.3400 about our campaign and the interesting delay. I read it's best to call directly to get a news story in a paper. Perhaps our efforts are having some effect as I imagine it's strange for the FDA to overshoot a due date.

Good luck to us all. Take care Bob.

Nico, SpecialK82, Valentijn and 4 others like this.
  6. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Thanks, Bob - you clearly have not only a sound mind but an exceptionally strong one! I hope you're taking very good care of yourself.

Nico, Valentijn, BEG and 2 others like this.
  7. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Bob has an update for Day 6.

BEG and Merry like this.
  8. Kati

Kati Patient in training

BEG and Merry like this.
  9. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK

Thanks, Kati - Bob says in this video (in which he really doesn't appear well at all and says he was going into kidney failure so is now on a saline drip) that he wants us to keep emailing and (for US people) writing to our representatives, use our media contacts and send any contacts to him at bobmiller42 [a] gmail.com.

He says it's looking unlikely that Ampligen will be approved by the FDA and that the decision might come today - but he's clearly got some plans for what to do if the decision goes against us.

10. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Great stuff!

There's a press release out now:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ess-release-do-you-have-media-contacts.21669/

BEG and Valentijn like this.
  11. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Just sent another email telling them it's day 6 of Bob's hunger strike...

BEG likes this.
  12. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    I've done that Mark again and again - it's utter nonsence to say "safe" and yet not approve.

13. BEG

BEG Senior Member

Southeast US
    Will be doing it, too!

Sasha likes this.
  14. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 Senior Member

USA
    Rooney just sparked an idea in me, and I sent an email to Amy Dockerson Marcus of the Wall Street Journal along with Bob's press release. Unfortunately, the email bounced back to me saying "server error: invalid recepient". I obtained her address from a recent article that she wrote in Jan 2013. If anyone has another address besides amy.marcus@wsj.com please let me know. Otherwise, I will try sending again this afternoon directly from my email instead of using the link from the WSJ.

Hang in everyone and prayers going up for Bob!

BEG likes this.
  15. John789

John789

My prayers are with you Bob in your effort. I hope I am wrong, but it doesn't look good considering the approval date has come and gone with no news from the FDA.

16. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Good idea - she seems to have a LinkedIn page but I've no clue how to access that stuff:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/amy-dockser-marcus/7/9b7/b24

Can she be phoned at the WSJ?

17. Kati

Kati Patient in training

I don't believe Bob said he was on IV saline, he said he was drinking a saline solution

18. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    My mistake! Thanks, Kati.

19. Kati

Kati Patient in training

No problem Sasha, I wanted to make sure readers get the right info in case they pass it on.

Sasha likes this.
  20. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    If you click on the YouTube link on Bob's video, then it will open up in YouTube. Then click on the Share tab. You can share the video on your Facebook, Twitter etc. I've been doing a Facebook share for each new video.

See more popular forum discussions.