• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blurred vision, what could be the cause?

jason30

Hi all,

I suffer from heavy blurred vision and can not focus on everything for 2 months now. There are times when it is less, but this is occasionally.
I have no idea what the cause could be, the things that I did different since then are:
1. Started with adrenal cortex to support adrenals
2. Started with a B complex (http://www.iherb.com/Thorne-Research-Basic-B-Complex-60-Veggie-Caps/18791)
3. 3 times a week I do a detox footbaths; (1 x bentonite clay and 1 to 2 times Epsom salt). Could it be the minerals I loose with these footbaths?
4. Started with Magnesium Oxide in the evening.
5. Symbion For Life (probiotic) for Candida; Ingredients: Bacillus coagulans (200 million CFU*), Bacillus subtilus (100 million CFU), Enterococcus faecium (100 million CFU), Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS).

I have this feeling that a sugar rich meal makes it worse. My glucose values are in a normal range, yet.

Apart from CFS I have some chemical sensitivities (MCS) and electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS).

Thanks in advance for thinking with me!

Gondwanaland

Also #1, 2 & 4 will not work without minerals and will actually make things worse.

I take a customized Multimin 3x weekly, sometimes take a break from it as well (couple of weeks off)
Zn
Cu
Mn
Se

High potassium electrolyte as needed

Salt to taste (in food)

Silica 1-2x weekly on/off

Eat meat/chicken daily to maintain good iron levels

This has helped to keep brain fog away most of the time. Sometimes some glutamine (1g) helps with RBC synthesis since I am not taking a B complex right now.

Edit -- be sure to check out the link in my signature "Balancing Nutrients"

jason30

Thanks Gondwanaland!

Hmm then I wonder which mineral it could be.

I have started 2 days ago with an Electrolyte drink tab (Sodium / 100 mg Potassium / 25 mg Magnesium / 13 mg Calcium).

The results from the Hair Elements test (2 months ago) showed the following minerals as deficient :
- Magnesium
- Sodium
- Manganese
- Chromium
- Molybdenum
- Boron
- Iodine
- Lithium
- Selenium
- Strontium
- Cobalt
- Iron
- Rubidium

I take celtic sea salt every day for the minerals, but I guess it don't do much then? :)
I also do 2 footbatchs in a week with only Magnesium.
I eat a lot of chicken and also bone broths. But I suspect somehow that it does not get absorbed well in the intestines.

Do you maybe have an advice for a good multimin? I am bit reluctant for Iodine because of Hashimoto.

Will look into the balancing nutrients link.

Gondwanaland

For Hashi's take Selenium
For blood synthesis you need to balance Fe, Cu, Zn, Mn
I personally do not take Molybdenum due to high uric acid.

jason30

I take Brazil nuts for the Selenium and also coconut oil for the Thyriod. Somehow I don't tolerate Selenium supplements (tried low dosis). Maybe the heavy metals are the cause.
I have tried a Molybdenum supplement (this one) before, I really thought I died! :nervous:

Will look into the balances further, thanks again!

Gondwanaland

I don't eat Brazil nuts daily due to high salicylates/oxaltaes. I don't tolerate selenium methionine either. I take 80mcg selenium chelated about 3x weekly.

Moly might help in very low doses for a short period. Since you already took it and felt worse, I would say stay away from it for a while, then try again later taking like 1/8 or less of that megadose. Also glycinate is generally no good for MAO-Aers. I can't stand it, and glycine also increases oxalates.

You will have to learn to open the capsules and start with tiny amounts.

jason30

Hmm that could be the reason that I also don't tolerate other Glycinate supps such as Magnesium Glycinate. Interesting!

Btw, why Silica 1-2x weekly on/off ?

Gondwanaland

Btw, why Silica 1-2x weekly on/off ?

All this is powerful stuff, not only silica, but all minerals, and I (personally) realized I don't need to take them continuously. If I take a few days on and a few days off it is easier to recognize when you already had enough.

BTW I got overstimulation from coconut oil last year, so my suggestion is to go easy with it as well, taking like 3x weekly.

Everyone is different, and it takes caution to understand how you are reacting to supplements, no matter what others report (including myself).

jason30

Indeed, I share that experience as well.
But I mean why do you advice Silica? What does Silica do?

And yes, i recognize that as well; when I take a lot of coconut oil then i get in a Thyriod Hyper status!

Gondwanaland

But I mean why do you advice Silica? What does Silica do?
You can read about silica here. I take 50mg of sea silica 2x weekly (locally compounded), sometimes I take a break from it to not saturate, just like with any other mineral. Many times silica has cleared my brain fog. Some people take horsetail (then you need to watch out for B1), or bamboo. Side effects are clearly stated in the link above.

Gondwanaland

BTW silica might be underlying my present oxalate dump since in February I started taking it homepathically for long rounds, and it coincides with the beginning of my present troubles.