1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Blue Ribbon Foundation Medical Fellowship

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by WillowJ, Nov 29, 2013.

1. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    This is welcome news indeed :)

alex3619, leela, Helen and 2 others like this.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    It isn't practical to download video on my dial-up connection. Will someone give me a brief summary?
  3. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    What is proposed is a fellowship for 8-10 medical students to work at 'premier' ME/CFS institutes throughout the world.

The idea being that medics do not - generally - receive any knowledge pertaining to ME/CFS in their training, whereas they are more aware of e.g. (from the video) Lyme disease and Multiple Sclerosis.

The students will (again from the video) get to see/learn about the developments that are occurring, the research, and lab-work inside the institutes e.g. molecular biology, gene expression and big-data and translational medicine.

Short interviews with an intern from Dan Peterson's clinic and one who is based at the Neuro-immunology clinic at Nova who both said they have learned loads about ME/CFS from being actually present at these sites and interacting with doctors, researchers and patients.

No details about the actual initiative e.g. funding, but I guess that will follow.

I hope that helps :)
  4. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    going from memory: the video showed a patient who could walk (unsteadily), patients in wheelchairs, and patients of various weights. Also at least one male patient. I thought they did a good job with this aspect, too.

And it was upbeat, sounded exciting.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013

See more popular forum discussions.