1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Blue Ribbon Foundation Medical Fellowship

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by WillowJ, Nov 29, 2013.

1. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    This is welcome news indeed :)

alex3619, leela, Helen and 2 others like this.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    It isn't practical to download video on my dial-up connection. Will someone give me a brief summary?

3. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    What is proposed is a fellowship for 8-10 medical students to work at 'premier' ME/CFS institutes throughout the world.

The idea being that medics do not - generally - receive any knowledge pertaining to ME/CFS in their training, whereas they are more aware of e.g. (from the video) Lyme disease and Multiple Sclerosis.

The students will (again from the video) get to see/learn about the developments that are occurring, the research, and lab-work inside the institutes e.g. molecular biology, gene expression and big-data and translational medicine.

Short interviews with an intern from Dan Peterson's clinic and one who is based at the Neuro-immunology clinic at Nova who both said they have learned loads about ME/CFS from being actually present at these sites and interacting with doctors, researchers and patients.

No details about the actual initiative e.g. funding, but I guess that will follow.

I hope that helps :)

4. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    going from memory: the video showed a patient who could walk (unsteadily), patients in wheelchairs, and patients of various weights. Also at least one male patient. I thought they did a good job with this aspect, too.

And it was upbeat, sounded exciting.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013

See more popular forum discussions.