• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blue Ribbon documentary needs $2,700 more for chance to get Angelina Jolie's attention

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Well, that's my spin on Ryan's post on his Facebook page:

Thank you to everyone who continued to donate (or promised to donate) even after we hit $12,000. For those who haven't seen our stretch goals, with $16,000 we'll be able to film in Hawaii or Europe. With $20,000, we can (hopefully) do both.​

About Hawaii, Ryan had previously posted:

Here's our latest idea: filming a segment of the documentary in Hawaii on the set of "Unbroken," a movie directed by Angelina Jolie and based on the book of the same name by ME/CFS survivor Laura Hillenbrand. Donate today and help us make it happen. It's time to take ME/CFS mainstream.​

And as he says in his article on Phoenix Rising:

Nicole and I set a $12,000 shoestring budget for about six weeks of shooting across the United States [...] However, if we were blessed enough to have additional funding, that might allow us to go to Canada or Europe to interview veteran physicians like Byron Hyde or Kenny de Meirleir. It also might allow us to go to Hawaii, where we might try to arrange a segment on the set of Unbroken, a film directed by Angelina Jolie and based on ME/CFS survivor Laura Hillenbrand’s bestselling book of the same title. If those options become possible, we will introduce a survey by which donors can vote on where they’d like their money to go. Everyone who donates at least $1 would get a vote.​

The total raised currently stands at $13,300 so that's just another $2,700 needed to get a chance of getting the attention of ANGELINA JOLIE, you know, ANGELINA JOLIE!!! Not that I'm biased in favour of that option, obviously. :cool: We're ready to welcome him to Europe. :alien:

Here's the Kickstarter page to donate:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2074880665/the-blue-ribbon-me-cfs-and-the-future-of-medicine

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Wow, I think somebody just dropped $1,000 on this - there was a sudden, huge jump and the Kickstarter fund is now at $14,762 with 9 days to go so only $1,238 away from a try at ANGELINA JOLIE!!!! or Europe, of course. :angel:

Chuck some cash at it, if you haven't already...

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Now the fund stands at $15,822 - just $178 away from ANGELINA JOLIE or Europe.

Good to see the money rolling in... :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
$16,557 with three days to go - their final stretch goal is $20k which would allow them to do both locations.

Thanks for posting. I hope this is big and informs thousands of people. 30 hours left and they need over $3000 to reach that highest goal.