• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

bloody noses

sensing progress

I get them way more than the average person does. It seems to be related to diet. When I eat foods I am allergic to (corn/dairy) they increase in frequency greatly. But even when I do follow my diet closely I still get them. We PWC already have low blood volume/pressure, can't afford to be losing any more blood!! :worried:

Sunday

You know, when I was getting this (I wasn't aware of it, just that I was always running out of energy), I had a lot of nosebleeds. I was still working then, and a lot of the nosebleeds were at work, so they were noticeable to me: I had to stop what I was doing and lie down. Somehow people object to someone ringing them up with gore coming out of their nose.

Haven't had a lot of nosebleeds since. Did do a lot with the neti pot for a while there. Or maybe my symptoms just moved on to something new.

Hadn't ever thought of this in terms of CFIDS, thought-provoking!

L'engle

moogle
I had them a lot when I was a kid before I got cfs... in fact probably the first times I ever got dizzy and lightheaded were related to this. I don't get them much now, thankfully. I agree about not wanting to lose more blood!

I've got a bit of a dust allergy that can lead to my nose lining expanding, and this sometimes causes nosebleeds.

I'd always assumed my dust allergy wasn't that important (it just seemed to make me a bit stuffed up and headachey when I was somewhere really dusty) but I've been feeling a bit better since we've been able to afford a cleaner. Maybe it's more of a factor for my fatigue than I'd realised?