Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bloods.

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Fuzzyhead, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Fuzzyhead

Fuzzyhead Senior Member

Had bloods done last week and been back today and one part of my liver function test was high? Anyone else? I am wondering if medication can affect it!!

2. Rvanson

Rvanson Senior Member

USA
    What part of the liver test was high? Yes, of course medications can effect your liver test results.

3. belize44

belize44 Senior Member

Pennsylvania
    I usually take Milk Thistle to support liver function when I have to be on meds long term.

Rvanson likes this.
  4. ryan31337

ryan31337 Senior Member

South East, England
    High bilirubin count has been associated with ME quite frequently.

I was told by my GP that it's Gilbert's Syndrome and nothing to worry about. Standard GP lack of care though, I can't see why they'd jump to that conclusion. They ignored all the other health issues and couldn't even tell me if it was conjugated or unconjugated bilirubin that was elevated because the NHS tests only show total count. I think someone on here said that they had a test that showed elevated conjugated levels, which suggests it isn't GS, but I have no idea how common that is among us.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  5. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

Oddly enough getting ME seems to have cured my Gilbert's syndrome. My counts were always well above 2 mg/dL for years, then a couple months after getting sick my counts dropped and have stayed low since.

ryan31337 and Never Give Up like this.
  6. Fuzzyhead

Fuzzyhead Senior Member

I think it was ALT serum that was high.

7. Rvanson

Rvanson Senior Member

USA
    ALT is often high when consuming alcohol in quantity, but it can also be high for a host of other reasons.

See more popular forum discussions.