August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Blood/urine test results. Whats next?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by SuckSmoothie, May 28, 2016.

1. SuckSmoothie

SuckSmoothie

Hi all, after some patient waiting I received my blood exams and urine test results from my doctor.

According to the test, I'm very deficient in Biotin, moderately deficient in Vit E and A, but fine in the other micronutrients. I've started supplementing all of the above in higher doses in hopes of fixing my problem

On to methylation:

my b12 was off the charts, and so was my homocysteine. Interestingly enough one test indicated it was in the normal range while the other tests told me I had too much in my body. Folate was fine but I was moderately deficient in b6, the problem here is that I always have an adverse reaction to b6 thanks to my CBS mutation.

I also tested very high for magnesium, I take approximately 1.2g of magnesium glycinate/malate combination every night so I understand this, but my glycinate was low

As for amino acids, I was low on:

Cystathionine
    Arginine/orthinine
    Histidine
    Isoleucine
    Valine
    Alanine
    Asparagine
    Glutamine
    Tyrosine
    Cystine
    Glycine
    Carnosine
    Pyroglutamic acid
    Lactic acid
    Pyruvic acid

I am now supplementing BCAA's, at least the ones that are readily available and not sulfur based.

And I was very high on:

Taurine
    Benzoic acid
    Ammonia
    3-methylhistidine
    Urea
    2-hydroxyphenylacetic Acid

Onto hormonal:

My thyroid was low, so I'm supplementing more iodine now

My testosterone showed up around 410 but my free test was very low, so my doctor wants to put me on HCG

My estro is high and my progesterone is low, my DHEA is also borderline low

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    My problems are brain fog, anxiety, speech impediment, loose stools and very low energy. I had a food allergy test done and I've eliminated most trigger foods so now I'm feeling a little better, but I wanna fix my problems once and for all. I also have a stool test on the way.

Here are my questions:

1) is too much magnesium dangerous? Should I supplement glycine on the side?

2) is HCG at the age of 23 a good idea? Can't it shut down my own test production?

3) will DHEA fix itself with HCG or do I have to supplement?

4) what role does Biotin play in mental health?

5) how to I lower the amino acids that I have in excess? I eat a lot of protein as I like the weight train, should I lower that amount?

I know it's a lot of info to take in at once, but can anyone experienced please chime in? I'll be forever thankful

2. Mij

Mij Senior Member

I think if your kidneys are working well it's ok. I took tons of mg shots over the course of many years with no problems. You have to watch your calcium levels though, this could drop with too much mg.

Regarding your amino acids, I had/have many low/below normal levels but I'm not sure what it all means. Taking the co-factors (b vitamins) and digestive enzymes has helped balance things out.

3. SuckSmoothie

SuckSmoothie

If you guys want a list of the supplements I'm on I'll provide one:p

4. SuckSmoothie

SuckSmoothie

Which digestive enzymes are you taking? Betaine HCL has really helped me out. I can't tolerate most b vit's right now, I have a bottle of 500mcg of mb12 sitting on my drawer that I'm a little afraid to use:confused:

5. SuckSmoothie

SuckSmoothie

I'm also +/+ for COMT, GAD1, DRD1, DRD2, SLC6A3, several MTRR, only two MTR, MAO-A, NOS2, NDUF, BHMT08 and +/- for CBS, DAO-A and both VDR's

6. Mij

Mij Senior Member

I take the NOW Super Enzymes. Betaine didn't help me though.

7. Valentijn

Valentijn The Diabolic Logic

I'm not doubting that you have a bad reaction to B6, but CBS isn't capable of causing that reaction.

8. Sea

Sea Senior Member

NSW Australia
    Valentijn likes this.
  9. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    My endocrinologist warned me against taking supplemental iodine. For me, it caused a transient elevated TSH, with a normal T4, classified as subclinical hypothyroidism when that pattern occurs. I haven't taken any since. It is not a benign supplement, and I wouldn't tinker with it for those reasons.
    Consequences of excess iodine
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3976240/

10. SuckSmoothie

SuckSmoothie

I have very similar, interchangeable reactions to eating sulfur and b6, so I assumed they were related

Very interesting, I'm browsing through the thread but I can't find the symptoms of low biotin. I know biotin is responsible for macronutrient metabolism and I have very loose stools so that might be related

I'm currently taking 325mcg of iodine as opposed to 225mcg I was taking, I hope that's not too much

11. SuckSmoothie

SuckSmoothie

After analyzing my blood tests, my doctor believes my low cortisol, low DHEA, low testosterone, low progesterone, low estrone and high estradiol is the bigger cause of my problems.

I don't know how to address this rare combination of low cortisol and low DHEA, but the doctor prescribed 25mg of DHEA... That seems a little sketchy considering that pregnenolone is a better option. For testosterone and estradiol I'm starting HCG 1000u twice a week and anastrazole .5mg twice a week as per doctors orders.

So far I took the DHEA this morning with an energy drink and l-theanine, and I felt a boost in energy uncharacteristic of the energy drink. I've heard DHEA converts to estro in the male body so I'm gonna start DIM while I wait for my order of anastrazole and HCG to arrive.

Will exogenous HCG be a problem for a 23 year old man? I don't wanna shut down my own test production or cause irreversible damage here:(

Last edited: May 31, 2016

See more popular forum discussions.