1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Blood type poll

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by SickOfSickness, Apr 28, 2013.

?

What blood type are you?

1. A-

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. A+

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  3. B-

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. B+

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  5. AB-

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. AB+

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  7. O-

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  8. O+

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Before you vote: choose multiple if you have family member(s) with ME/CFS with a different blood type.
  2. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    Unless my brain is really playing up at the moment, there appears to be no way for me to register my vote in this poll. I've done others OK. I can't find anything to click on.
  3. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    If it's showing the results, that means it already took your vote.
    Allyson likes this.
  4. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    Oh - thank you!
  5. Sherlock

Sherlock bicarb for exercise recovery and taming candida

US
    I'd only ever been typed (by myself) in high school bio class. It was AB, but I don't remember whether + or - so I entered both.

It's a shame there aren't more responses to these polls.
  6. valentinelynx

valentinelynx Senior Member

Tucson
    Weird. Where are all the B+'s coming from? O+ and A+ are by far the most prevalent in the US and other countries populated primarily by Northern Europeans. In the US it's 37% O+, 36% A+ and 8.5% B+ (Wikipedia) Only place with nearly as many B+s as O+ and A+ is India. Did one whole family fill out the poll, one with B+ blood type? Or, are you onto something? Or it's just not enough people yet.
  7. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    There's also a very high percentage of negative Rh factor in the results of this poll. Worldwide average is about 10% of the population is Rh negative, with no higher than 20% in any country, but this poll has about 35% as Rh negative.

Very very small sample size so far :p
  8. valentinelynx

valentinelynx Senior Member

Tucson
    Well, since Sherlock put down both AB+ and AB- (out of now knowing which applied) that skews this terribly small sample a bit. But you're right: there are way too many O-'s and A-'s also. Too bad we ME/CFS'ers shouldn't donate blood! ;)
    Valentijn likes this.
  9. Allyson

Allyson Senior Member

Australia, Melbourne
    yes i think o pos is the most common blood group val but those numbers are WAY too small to be of any significance

See more popular forum discussions.