1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Blood transfussion anyone?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by snowathlete, Oct 24, 2011.

1. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Even before this new Norwegian stuff about B Cells came about, i was wondering whether swapping out your blood for someone elses might make you better.

I dont know anything about blood transfussions, but my guess would be that you would have to several of them, each time diluting your own 'potentially dodgy' blood further. I guess that a full swap all in one go, isnt even possible...?

Anyway, i wonder if anyone has had this? - either by election, or consequence.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

p.s. i just started reading up on blood transfussions on the net and i started to feel sick, so, maybe someone else could investigate if this has been tried before....:thumbsup:
  2. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    okay...what about Bone Marrow transplant?

In thinking about why the drug used in teh Norway study stops working for some people, i am guessing that maybe its because the blood returns to its previous state, because your body produces more blood, from the bone marrow.

So, i wonder, has anyone with CFS ever had a bone marrow transplant (for whatever unrealated reason) and had any improvement?

See more popular forum discussions.