• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blood transfusions with albumin?

sillysocks84

Has anyone heard of blood transfusions with albumin which supposedly regulates the colloidal osmotic pressure of the blood? I found an article where a teenage girl gets this treatment once a week. I copy and pasted part of the article below but it all copied without spaces. The article came from sylvanlakenews.com I can look for the actual link later but I'm on my phone and it's a pain.

"ForherconditionSkeochtakesbetablockers,antinauseamedication,bloodpressuremedication,aswellasvisitsthehospitalonceaweekforbloodtransfusions.Thistreatmentisnewforherbutsheaddsithelpsagreatdealandinvolvesamixofabloodproteincalledalbumin,whosemainfunctionistoregulatethecolloidalosmoticpressureofblood."

Last edited: