• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blood test results

Just had the results of another blood test and my white blood cells are showing signs of fighting a bacterial infection, I can't remember the exact terminology used but the results were "slightly above" the upper range and I need to be retested in a couple of weeks. Is this evidence of methylation starting?

My folate and B12 levels were "normal" but I understand these are just serum levels.

Have you been tested for the usual culprits found in cfs/me such as lyme, cpn, mycoplasma, rickettsia etc. ? If you test positive it may warrant abx use.

Think rich said these infections may need to be addressed alongside the methylation protocol.

I've had the notoriously unreliable NHS test for lyme, which came back negative.
No other tests though. I was just wondering if showing that my white blood cells are fighting a bacterial infection would suggest that methylation has started?

Sorry can't help you on that, but it's probably not unlikely. Do you have a CBC from before starting the methylation protocol? That would make a good test to compare with.