1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Blood spot vitamin D testing?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Unim, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Unim

Unim

There is a UK website that sells blood spot vitamin D tests: http://vitamindtest.org.uk/

This would be so much easier than trying to get one from the doctor's. Does anyone know how legitimate this test is? It appears to be something to do with an NHS hospital in Birmingham.
    Firestormm likes this.
  2. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    @Unim
    well the address is the city hospital so it sounds legit. Its cheap enough to have done.
    Firestormm likes this.
  3. Research 1st

Research 1st

I had a friend with ME get this done in the UK and it was accepted by the NHS as accurate. (It's run via Birmingham NHS) and they received treatment from the results too.
    Firestormm likes this.
  4. Unim

Unim

Also the Marshall Protocol people are open to blood spot testing, so both mainstream and alternative seem to agree on this.

I got my results emailed to me within under a week: 58.0nmol/L – "Adequate". The only problem is the pin prick to collect the blood is taking a long time to heal! I was hoping my vitamin D result would explain it, after I benefited from using it topically, but my level has been lower before this problem... So not quite the answer I was looking for!

Still, much more convenient than getting it from the doctor's.
    Firestormm likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.