1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Blood results in...

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Jonjay, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Jonjay

Jonjay

So finally after a crazy journey of doctors, one found positive antibodies for EBV. The numbers were 140 & 40. I don't know what is what but those are the numbers she gave me. No CURRENT infection, but antibodies definitely present.

She says this may likely be the reasoning for my fatigue and fatigue episodes... So this is a start,,

NOW WHAT?

FYI- still waiting for hhv-6 results.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

Hi,

Do you have copies of the test results? Which type of antibody matters. If you have copies, post the different types of antibodies here and you should get some good responses.

Best,
    Sushi
    Jonjay and taniaaust1 like this.
  3. Jonjay

Jonjay

Hi, Thanks... Here are results. It's no doubt I have both these babies... and now according to more blood work potentially Lyme, although it said the results where 'indetermined'

Epstein-Barr Viral Panel

EBV-VCA, IGM < 10.0 (H)
    EBV-VCA, IGG 140.0 (H)
    EBV Nuclear Antigen, IgG 41.9
    EBV Early Antigen (EA-D), IgG 8.1

EBV Interpretation Guide
    / VCA IgM / / VCA IgG / /EBNA IgG / /EA(D) IgG
    Negative - - - -
    Acute + + - +/-
    Convalescence +/- + +/- +/-
    *Past Infection - + + +/-
    Reactivation +/- + + +