The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Blood pressure & methylation

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by sickntired771, Dec 5, 2014.

1. sickntired771

sickntired771

My blood pressure was always low but has skyrocketed these past few weeks. Does anyone have any experience with this? Might it be the b12 or methylfolate or is it likely unrelated?

2. Phred

Phred Senior Member

Are you taking CoQ10? @Freddd has mentioned this with methylation can raise blood pressure. At least that's what my memory is telling me.

minkeygirl likes this.
  3. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City

In the early stages, the first year for me, if I took CoQ10 my BP shoot up by 50+ points, like 190/100, Now mine is down to 120/70 about half the times it's measured. I've been taking CoQ10 for 9-10 years again now. It didn't normalize in response until after a year of healing and adding AdoCbl and potassium.

4. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I dont know the answer to your question but the ME itself seems to be able to do things which can cause one to go from low BP to high BP spikes. It can be due to the autonomic dysfunction issues eg [probably caused throu excess noradrenaline at times going on.

5. sickntired771

sickntired771

I thought CoQ10 decreases BP! I have been taking it now for months for both ME and heart benefits. I did stop it for a week and didn't notice a change in BP though so I don't think I can attribute it to coQ10.

6. picante

picante Senior Member

Helena, MT USA
    Thyroid hormone raised my blood pressure (T3). From about 90/60 to 115/70 or thereabouts.

I'm glad you asked this question, though, because I'm having hot flashes while taking sublingual MeB12.

Gondwanaland likes this.
  7. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Are your fingernails hard dry and breaking?

8. picante

picante Senior Member

Helena, MT USA
    I don't think they're hard, but they do break often, and they have vertical ridges. Why?

9. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

These symptoms are low calcium in my book o_O
    May be related to high histamine from unbalanced methylation :meh:

See more popular forum discussions.