Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

blood pooling- anything that helps?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by alice111, Aug 27, 2015.

1. alice111

alice111 Senior Member

Canada
    Hi guys, wondering if anyone has any treatments that have helped with blood pooling in the legs. This is a major symptom for me, even sitting upright with legs down, and standing... Whole other thing... The blood just seems to hangout in my legs :(

Any suggestions?

I have tried compression stockings which do help a little, but they are exhausting to get on!!

2. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I use compression knee socks (easy to get on) and have combined that with an abdominal binder when I needed it. The knee socks help me mega.

leela likes this.
  3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Its a pity that these stockings to the level of pressure we often need, become hard to get on. Other then that I don't know what else one can do for the pooling in certain places of body. I myself cant sit with legs down so I do thinks like have a stool in my shower to put my legs on as well as having my shower chair there. My wheelchair is a special one which I use legs up.

this is a big issue as it means I cant do things like sit at a sink to do the dishes cause my legs up is in the way.

4. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    vassocontriction drug (midodrine) or supplement (Butcher's Broom). Do leg strength "exercise" while laying down.

I used to do 3 squats every time before peeing (so I remember). legs lifts while laying down..... The idea is if you have enough muscles, it will squeeze the veins naturally so it will do the compression naturally for you.

I know own a recumbent bike so still working on it.

Blue likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.