• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blood b12 is high

I went and got my plasma b12 levels tested and it came back high like 950 if I can remember right.

What does this mean? I have Crohns if that helps. Am I not utilizing it? Should I take more folate?

What can I take to me my body utilize b12?

Eastman

This has been brought up in a few other threads recently, for example, here. I brought up the possibility of B1 deficiency being the cause.

Incidentally, Dr Derrick Lonsdale thinks that B1 deficiency causes autonomic nervous system dysfunction and one possible symptom is a perceived panic attack.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
I have not read the other thread but thats a good result, it means your B12 is at a healthy level.

B12 does not cause or cure ME/CFS though if your low it can cause lots of B12 deficiency symptoms and deficiency suggests your either not consuming meat or have some problem absorbing B12 which is not your issue. However above normal B12 can give you some extra energy, not because of deficiency but because it somehow increase the body's energy output