The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Blog on HuffPost: What Labour’s Success Means [mentions Jen Brea & Unrest]

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by AndyPR, Jun 13, 2017.

1. AndyPR

AndyPR RIP PR :'(

Blog post by Dr Simon Duffy, Director of the Centre for Welfare Reform.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-simon-duffy/labour-general-election_b_17039886.html

Centre for Welfare Reform Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/centreforwelfarereform/

2. Sean

Sean Senior Member

And worse. To the point of straight abuse, including from 'expert caring professionals'.

3. aaron_c

aaron_c Senior Member

This is great! Most of the article is about how the UK has not done anything to address poverty....yet here we are with a full paragraph and link to a youtube video previewing Unrest. Optimistically we could be becoming a well-known cause, one that people mention any time they want to illustrate how messed up the UK government and social services are. That would pretty much guarantee big changes with the next incoming government.

Or maybe the author of the piece has a personal connection to ME/CFS. I'm probably being over-optimistic. But I'll take what I can get ;).

4. HowToEscape?

HowToEscape? Senior Member

Well, I hope we do not become identified with one of another political faction. Politics is always and ever about perception, medicine at least should be about truth.

5. NelliePledge

NelliePledge plodder

politics is not just about parties and factions every charity and organisation that is lobbying for more resources is engaged in political action

if you want change you have to engage in political action

Ritto, SamanthaJ, Sean and 4 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.