• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog by Medical Doctor Advocating for accountability, integrity, transparency needed

Interesting Blog from an MD who is concerned about abuse of power and transparency in medical field.

Addressing threats to health care's core values, especially those stemming from concentration and abuse of power. Advocating for accountability, integrity, transparency, honesty and ethics in leadership and governance of health care.

Recent article about medical societies paid to do public relations for drug company.

Medical Societies Paid To Do Corporate Public Relations

http://brodyhooked.blogspot.com/2011/05/where-in-world-do-you-find-corruption.html

Last year we posted about how two medical societies which received funding from a drug manufacturer tried to persuade the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to deny approval of a generic competitor to one of that company's products. The medical societies were the Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) and the North American Thrombosis Forum (NATF). The company was Sanofi-Aventis and the product involved was its anti-coagulant derivative of heparin, Lovenox.

pamb

Thanks Mark. Very sad, but I find a perverse consolation in knowing it is not only some of us in the ME/CFS community who smell a rat. And the fight goes on - thank heavens there are now more and more people who can longer stand to work in the stench and keep quiet about it.

In reading my above statement I am shocked at how militant I sound. I who was a complete innocent, trusting medical neophyte not that long ago. It's funny what happens to you as you see the lives of those you love disappear in misery and become aware it is only the tip of the iceberg.