Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Blockade of immunosuppressive cytokines restores NK cell antiviral function chronHepB

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by WillowJ, Jan 2, 2011.

1. WillowJ

WillowJ คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl

WA, USA
    Peppa D, Micco L, Javaid A, Kennedy PT, Schurich A, Dunn C, Pallant C, Ellis G, Khanna P, Dusheiko G, Gilson RJ, Maini MK. "Blockade of immunosuppressive cytokines restores NK cell antiviral function in chronic hepatitis B virus infection." PLoS Pathog. 2010 Dec 16;6(12):e1001227. PMID: 21187913 (free full text avail.)

Division of Infection and Immunity, UCL, London, United Kingdom.

2. WillowJ

WillowJ คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl

WA, USA
    We have slightly different, problems, of course, and I have not heard of interferon-gamma being disrupted in CFS (I may have missed, but the ones I can think of off the top of my head are interferon-beta and I think alpha)... but I did read about IL-10 (in a lay article; found this while looking for the citation)... and I thought antivirals plus immune modulation was pertinent to us.

It's going to be different for a different disease, but this overall strategy is of interest to us.

3. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    It seems to make sense that something similar to this is going on in our bodies. It goes back to why do PWC's have all of the viruses and pathogens present all at one time as opposed to healthy controls?

See more popular forum discussions.