1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bleaching household mold helps breathing

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by xchocoholic, Nov 17, 2013.

  1. MeSci

    MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

    Messages:
    3,805
    Likes:
    4,569
    Cornwall, UK
    Have you asked in Technical Support?
     
    xchocoholic likes this.
  2. xchocoholic

    xchocoholic Senior Member

    Messages:
    2,940
    Likes:
    1,611
    Florida
    No. I tried following the instructions given in the tech support section but I didn't find the option mentioned.

    I'm past exhausted tho so I can't really focus on this. Maybe later ? tc ... x
     
  3. dannybex

    dannybex Senior Member

    Messages:
    2,279
    Likes:
    579
    Seattle
    I'm sure this has probably been said 150 times elsewhere, but with all due respect, that is incorrect. MMS is chlorine dioxide, not chlorine. There's no faith or religion involved…it's a fact.

    From the EPA website on chlorine dioxide:

    "Since the beginning of the twentieth century, when it was first used at a spa in Ostend, Belgium,
    chlorine dioxide has been known as a powerful disinfectant of water. During the 1950s, it was
    introduced more generally as a drinking water disinfectant since it provided less organoleptic
    hindering than chlorine. Approximately 700 to 900 public water systems use chlorine dioxide to
    treat potable water
    (Hoehn, 1992).

    Today, the major uses of chlorine dioxide are:

    · CT disinfection credit;

    · Preoxidant to control tastes and odor;

    · Control of iron and manganese; and

    · Control of hydrogen sulfide and phenolic compounds.

    Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) is a neutral compound of chlorine in the +IV oxidation state. It disinfects by oxidation; however, it does not chlorinate."

    It's also been used for decades to purify river or lake water when on hiking or camping trips:

    http://www.amazon.com/Potable-Aqua-3093-Chlorine-DioxideTablets/dp/B000IBY64W


     
    taniaaust1 and Wayne like this.
  4. MeSci

    MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

    Messages:
    3,805
    Likes:
    4,569
    Cornwall, UK
    As with most things, the dose makes the poison. The small concentration of chlorine in tapwater is unlikely to harm most people.

    The religious connection relates to the man who is promoting the product.
     
    xchocoholic likes this.
  5. taniaaust1

    taniaaust1

    Messages:
    8,216
    Likes:
    5,181
    Sth Australia
    Wayne.. I appreciated you sharing your experience very much .. even if I do think bleach is dangerous. I hope you dont stop sharing what helps you.
     
    dannybex likes this.
  6. taniaaust1

    taniaaust1

    Messages:
    8,216
    Likes:
    5,181
    Sth Australia
    obviously it is helping Wayne in some way.
    ........................

    I wish people here didnt give someone who was sharing their experience such a hard time. One can disagree with what another is doing but I think its terrible when that person is made to feel too uncomfortable to post again.
     
    merylg, golden and dannybex like this.
  7. dannybex

    dannybex Senior Member

    Messages:
    2,279
    Likes:
    579
    Seattle
    Of course the dose makes the poison…one can, and has, died from drinking too much water, and purified water at that.

    Nevertheless, it still isn't bleach, and there's still over a hundred children who have lost their diagnosis of autism as a result of following the protocol.
     
  8. dannybex

    dannybex Senior Member

    Messages:
    2,279
    Likes:
    579
    Seattle
    Me too. No wonder people who have recovered or are recovering generally stay clear of forums, as there are always people who either question their methods, or worse, question if they really ever had "real" ME/CFS.
     
    golden likes this.
  9. Dreambirdie

    Dreambirdie work in progress

    Messages:
    5,127
    Likes:
    3,398
    N. California
    This forum is a place for people to share their experiences and their opinions about treatments. Like it or not, whenever 2 or more humans are gathered together in the same space, disagreement likely comes with the territory.

    My personal experience with MMS was not a positive one. I used it as a mouth rinse (for 5 days) prior to attempting to take it internally... and lo and behold, it ATE THE CHROME on my kitchen drain. No thank you, I will pass on ingestion!

    SInce then, I have spoken with two people who screwed up their digestion rather severely by taking MMS internally. One is still in recovery after 3 years. Given this, I wouldn't take MMS or recommend it to anyone.
     
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  10. Kina

    Kina Moderation Team Lead

    Messages:
    5,776
    Likes:
    4,655
    Ontario, Canada
    I have changed the title for you. :)
     
    MeSci and xchocoholic like this.
  11. xchocoholic

    xchocoholic Senior Member

    Messages:
    2,940
    Likes:
    1,611
    Florida
    thanks. I like the title much better. I'm laying here getting some much needed rest and had to chuckle over this. I guess it was obvious that I was never going to get to this. pwcs, what can I say ?

    Again. thanks.... x
     
  12. dannybex

    dannybex Senior Member

    Messages:
    2,279
    Likes:
    579
    Seattle
    Totally agree…'disagreement comes with the territory'. What helps some won't help others and/or may make them worse.

    I appreciate you sharing your experience DB and of course sorry to hear it wasn't a good one, to say the least. I'm curious…what strength (or dilution) of MMS were you using? Sounds awfully strong to take the chrome off the drain! :nervous:
     
    merylg likes this.
  13. jeffrez

    jeffrez Senior Member

    Messages:
    1,108
    Likes:
    644
    NY
    I would try a hydrogen peroxide solution instead of the bleach. H2O2 kills mold, too, and is much safer. Bleach is SUPER toxic!
     
  14. dannybex

    dannybex Senior Member

    Messages:
    2,279
    Likes:
    579
    Seattle
    X -- I seem to recall that @slayadragon and others have said that bleaching moldy areas may 'clean' the area, but leaves dried mold spores behind? Perhaps she'll see this and comment. :)
     
    xchocoholic likes this.
  15. xchocoholic

    xchocoholic Senior Member

    Messages:
    2,940
    Likes:
    1,611
    Florida
    thanks. Are they saying these dead spores can be a problem too ?

    After writing this, I also saw that cigarette smoke residue could only be eliminated with bleach too. My neighbors smoked heavily and the fumes were always in my apt.

    I'm out of there thankfully. : ) x
     
  16. Dreambirdie

    Dreambirdie work in progress

    Messages:
    5,127
    Likes:
    3,398
    N. California
    Hi Dan. I tried MMS (as I mentioned--JUST as a mouth rinse) at least 5 or 6 years ago, and followed the directions regarding dilution. As I recall there was a lemon involved in the process. And there was that very significant point about it eating the chrome on my drain. That's all I can tell you.

    I don't keep track of all the details of all the failed remedies that I have tried... in my 36 years worth of trying remedies. Otherwise I would have no room in my brain for anything worth knowing. ;)
     
    xchocoholic and dannybex like this.
  17. dannybex

    dannybex Senior Member

    Messages:
    2,279
    Likes:
    579
    Seattle
    xchocoholic likes this.
  18. xchocoholic

    xchocoholic Senior Member

    Messages:
    2,940
    Likes:
    1,611
    Florida
    Thanks. I read the link you provided.

    I had a problem with plant mold right before moving and had to throw out quite a bit. Hopefully that'll help.

    tc ... x
     
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  19. taniaaust1

    taniaaust1

    Messages:
    8,216
    Likes:
    5,181
    Sth Australia
    Mold spores are what causes issues.. as you breath them in ect. They are in the air and can get over all your belongings My last place thou the water issues had been long fixed, there was still a major mold issue going on (so bad that others had commented on the mold smell when they walked into my home thou none could be seen, long cleaned up). I was going to get my whole house air treated ..ozone or something like that.. when I priced it up thou it was too costly so had to wait to move to get myself away from that issue. (I hope I didnt bring too much mold spores with me on things. new house thou has slight mold issue.. coming from a drain. I keep having to pour bleach down there).
     
  20. SOC

    SOC Senior Member

    Messages:
    5,364
    Likes:
    6,444
    USA
    Glad to hear you are out of there. It sounds like it was an unhealthy place (mold, smoke) for anyone, much less a PWME. I hope your new place is much healthier. :hug:
     

See more popular forum discussions.

Share This Page