• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blasto - who has tried triple therapy cocktail

I had the CDD endoscopic treatment with antibiotics for blastocystis. The infection was eradicated and my health improved 60-70%.

South

@Vince33 Thank you for your experience - that's great that you got a cure with only 1 prescription item involved (for people living in countries where most herbs are non-prescription, that is).

If it helps anyone hunting for those items:

The secnidazole is prescription in many countries, but is available from online mexican pharmacies without a prescription, via mail order. I think somewhere in phoenix rising there's a page with user reports on which mexican / online pharmacies might be reliable. I've ordered from one in the past for something, and it went fine. (we all make our own decisions regarding the safety of such sites, and I was happy with my decision)

Black American walnut - is called simply "black walnut" on sales sites like Amazon and Iherb.com, - a very common parasite remedy here in the US. It comes as a liquid tincture or as capsules.

DE-toxified Assenzio - is Artemisia. Artemisia tincture or capsules are on sites like Iherb and Amazon. De-toxified means it has little to none of the thujone, which large doses of some species of artemesia have. The brands sold on Iherb and amazon that are sold in the U.S. are legally required to not have more than a tiny percent of thujone.

Carnation flower - this one stumped me, it isn't on my usual big websites for herbs and supplements, and I'd never heard of it as a medicinal herb before. Then I remembered seeing it as in the beverage section in our local chinese grocery store. Sure enough, an online search for "carnation flower tea" brought up some on sites catering to chinese grocery customers.

I'm currently doing 1,000 mg of Nitazoxinide (double the recommended dose) as recommended by my doctor. I opted for this rather than the triple therapy because I've been told the triple has nasty sides. If this doesn't work I'll consider the triple therapy. I'm also continuing herbals for 6-8 weeks more because of the life cycle of blasto. Colloidal silver, Berberine, biocidin, a candida supplement, and 150M saccharomyces boulardii twice daily plus another wide spectrum probiotic. Will report back with results. I have very few symptoms despite having blasto that shows up in multiple GI tests, so I waited longer than I should have to start treatment. Hope this helps! Brilliant insights or suggestions welcome.

mrmichaelfreedmen

I'm currently doing 1,000 mg of Nitazoxinide (double the recommended dose) as recommended by my doctor. I opted for this rather than the triple therapy because I've been told the triple has nasty sides. If this doesn't work I'll consider the triple therapy. I'm also continuing herbals for 6-8 weeks more because of the life cycle of blasto. Colloidal silver, Berberine, biocidin, a candida supplement, and 150M saccharomyces boulardii twice daily plus another wide spectrum probiotic. Will report back with results. I have very few symptoms despite having blasto that shows up in multiple GI tests, so I waited longer than I should have to start treatment. Hope this helps! Brilliant insights or suggestions welcome.

1000mg Nitazoxanide TWICE a day is the recommended maximum dosage for this drug.