1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bladder Spasms

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by Carrigon, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Carrigon

Carrigon Senior Member

PA, USA
    Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, dying tonight with bladder spasms. Anyone else get this? Feels like a bladder infection, but it's more like it's just both the bladder and the colon are just spasming away. I drank two glasses of caffeinated iced tea yesterday and I've been dying ever since. The caffeine triggers it badly in me and I forgot. Totally gonna die. And I can't take my muscle relaxant tonight cause I'm getting company. I took my butalbital, but it's barely doing anything. So, OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
  2. Carrigon

Carrigon Senior Member

PA, USA
    It wasn't just the caffeine. I found out that the chocolate, Russel Stover chocolate, I was eating had sorbitol in it. That right there causes IBS and will kill your stomach in a thousand ways. They've started to put the sorbitol into regular non diet chocolate.
  3. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

Oregon, USA
    Thanks for posting the warning. I don't know whether sorbitol bothers me or not but it's very odd to hear that a non-diet chocolate, one not labelled as sugar free, would contain sorbitol.
  4. Carrigon

Carrigon Senior Member

PA, USA
    There are others that have it, too. I was trying to buy regular chocolate covered caramels, both major brands at the store had sorbitol right in the ingredients and they are non diet candies. You really have to read all labels before buying anything today. Chances are, most things have something that will set us all off with problems. Even the fake crab you can buy, they all contain sorbitol. So if you ever have stomach problems after eating a seafood salad, it's the sorbitol.
  5. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Caramel is almost guaranteed to have fake sugars, fake flavoring, and/or corn syrup/HFCS/etc. Making the real stuff is too costly.
  6. Calathea

Calathea Darkness therapy

Scotland
    Do you have interstitial cystitis, by any chance? It's commonly comorbid with ME, and of course it's a bugger to diagnose.

Hope you're feeling better, anyway.
  7. hurtingallthetimet

hurtingallthetimet Senior Member

hope you are feeling better...bladder/urinary problems are horrible to deal with on top of everything esle...if you havent and your not feeling better you probable should see a doctor for antibitotic espically with weekend coming up or if you can find doctor open on weekend..

cranberry juice does help me alot...and the overcounter uti medicaitons help some too
    take care
  8. Carrigon

Carrigon Senior Member

PA, USA
    What calmed it down was finally taking a muscle relaxant. I just can't have caffeine or sorbitol or anything that can trigger it. This is why I end up cooking at home. When I cook at home, I rarely get sick from it. But as soon as I start eating out, I get problems.

See more popular forum discussions.