Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bird flu strains should be secret, government says

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by markmc20001, Dec 21, 2011.

1. markmc20001

markmc20001 Guest

This is strange. How can anybody solve problems without the information?

2. markmc20001

markmc20001 Guest

3. markmc20001

markmc20001 Guest

4. markmc20001

markmc20001 Guest

5. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    I really don't believe in supressing science findings - we are fairly grown up now and probably more aware of our own illnesses and current scientific findings than those trying to hide any facts from us. Roll on the day when a Doc just does not say "well it's a virus".........oh yea but which one.

6. Nielk

Nielk

Maybe they are afraid that if the unformation gets in the wrong hands, it can be used as a weapon of terrorism.

7. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    What's terrorism got to do with enlightenment of civilised societies.

8. Nielk

Nielk

XMRV Global Action

?"Two groups of scientists who carried out highly controversial studies with the avian influenza virus H5N1 have reluctantly agreed to strike certain details from manuscripts describing their work after having been asked to do so by a U.S. biosecurity council. The as-yet unpublished papers, which are under review at Nature and Science, will be changed to minimize the risks that they could be misused by would-be bioterrorists."

9. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Well gas in the first world war did for my grandpa - so lets civilised societies continue to investigate the damage of all noxious chemicals.

10. Nielk

Nielk

Maybe, I've been watching too many episode of 24. I didn't watch it when it was on and now I am on a marathon watching it. (It takes my mind of my pain).

See more popular forum discussions.