Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Biotins cofactors?

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by douglasmich, Mar 30, 2016.

1. douglasmich

douglasmich

Hi

I found on another forum males were using biotin to increase the conversion of progesterone into cortisol.

I have high progesterone and i thought i would try this. So i took 5mg biotin and i felt incredible. It worked for 2 days now it doesnt work. I read manganese is a cofactor so i took 5mg of that and the amazing feeling returned then it stopped... Now it wont work.

Does anyone know what other vitamins are needed for biotin to work? i am also taking b5 500mg

2. Jammy88

Jammy88 Senior Member

Italy
    Hi douglas,

You should probably give it time. :) How long have you tried it for?

3. douglasmich

douglasmich

jt worked straight away. Now stopped. Manganese brought effect back now stopped. so thre must be another cofactor

4. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

Canada
    @douglasmich

Manganese is antagonist to magnesium, B2, chromium and iron. Maybe it's one of those?

5. douglasmich

douglasmich

im taking those, i have MAO A btw.

Thanks for suggestion. Im taking rp5p in "thorne basic b complex"

Maybe biotin jist revved up methylation and got a deficiency somewhere else. ... i have MTR MTRR + + and also mthfr... im not treating these however because im treating my gut first. I just take b complex and b12 once a week and eat liver

6. Violeta

Violeta Senior Member

Radio says one should take lysine with biotin.

Have you tried CoQ10?

Do you have any other symptoms that might give a clue where the problem is?

7. CCC

CCC Senior Member

After a few months on the Freddd protocal, we found we needed FMN ( a form of B2 - plain B2 wasn't good enough for us) to really get things happening. The need for some B2 was confirmed by the B12 oils guy as well, who incidentally suggested a MTTR++ issue on the basis of symptoms and test results. He also said to make sure we had enough biotin and choline.

See more popular forum discussions.