Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bioinformatics collaboration

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by undiagnosed, Jun 16, 2017.

1. undiagnosed

undiagnosed Senior Member

United States
    Hey,

I want to revive a project I started working on to do nucleic acid amplification primarily for the purposes of pathogen detection and discovery with minimal equipment requirements using a Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP) based assay. I am looking for anyone with bioinformatics experience to help by providing peer review and advice. My interest is in lentiviruses, but we could do other pathogens as well. I am currently working on designing primers, but it's my first time so I am trying to figure out sequence alignment and using tools like re-pcr and e-lamp to determine primer specificity in-silico prior to getting the primers manufactured.

Here is a thread I started a while ago which has some initial research I did. It was more focused on detecting reverse transcriptase activity but still using a LAMP assay.

I also have a few documents started including, RT-LAMP assay for detecting lentiviruses and A minimal equipment one-pot RT-LAMP assay for detecting reverse transcriptase activity.

Let me know if you are interested in helping out or know anyone who may be.

Thank you

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017

See more popular forum discussions.