1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A Little Poisoning Along the Road to ME/CFS
Looking at my symptoms, many of which are far less these days and some are gone, it would be easy to figure that I'd just been dealing with some heavy-duty menopausal issues.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Big Trouble in Little China

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Snow Leopard, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    Since the Abbott government has gained power, many people are frustrated by the lack of leadership and seemingly backwards decisions that have been made (after the strongly progressive Gillard government).

To pay for a newly minted middle class welfare scheme, large growth in aged pension numbers along with the mining tax being repealed (oh and the carbon tax too), the money has to come from somewhere. I know, let us get it from those least likely to have a voice! Those on disability pensions!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-21/federal-govt-says-welfare-system-is-unsustainable/5210006
    http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...e-and-disability-payments-20140121-316y2.html

Pure Genius!

See also:
    http://ausopinion.com/2014/01/22/is-it-really-a-review/

alex3619 likes this.
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Is there a clone factory somewhere that makes little Abbots and Camerons?

3. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Australia already has what is widely regarded as one of the most efficient and effectively targeted social security systems anywhere. So there is little fat left to trim off this baby.

Not to mention we already have one of the lowest tax rates in the OECD.

Etc, etc, etc,...

Not that facts will stop him and the Murdoch propaganda cheer squad from their perverse reverse Robin Hood act.

alex3619 likes this.
  4. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Plus managing to piss off everybody in our region in less than 6 months, and most of the rest of the world too it seems.

Just what we need as both Indonesia and China are on the economic, political, and military rise, and our traditional allies on the wane.

Yeah, a real fecking genius.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  5. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Abbot really is a genius. Who else could do all that if they were really trying? It takes talent.

6. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    Oh, the tapping of the Indonesian president's phone, combined with the douchebaggery afterwards was pure class! The only thing classier was the US grounding the Bolivian presidential plane because they somehow got it into their heads that somehow Snowden was on the plane.

(If this was a fictional story people would laugh as it was so silly!)

7. beaverfury

beaverfury beaverfury

West Australia
    Too bad my illness doesn't subscribe to government policy.

Tony Abbot and his minions are doing and saying some alarming things. I thought he would just be a harmless duffer in budgie smugglers, but i think he fancies himself a major reformer.
    But why target those in most need ? It's insane and cruel.

Counting down the days to the next election.

Snow Leopard likes this.
  8. biophile

biophile Places I'd rather be.

It was sort of amusing when people half-joked after the election about Tony Abbott probably causing a major diplomatic incident with Indonesia in his first term. No one is laughing now and only 3 months in there is this unsurprising development:

Indonesia gears up its military as senior politician labels Australia the country's 'greatest threat'

http://www.news.com.au/national/ind...-greatest-threat/story-fncynjr2-1226808529340

Snow Leopard likes this.
  9. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Abbot. Where is Costello now? That would make a real team.

10. biophile

biophile Places I'd rather be.

The funny thing is, that was a real possibility, if only (Peter) Costello decided to stay around!

11. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

I think they are buying into the biopsychosocial model. There have been several offhand comments that indicate they think the UK disability reforms are great.

12. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Looking that way, isn't it. :grumpy:

13. Sean

Sean Senior Member

alex3619, Snow Leopard and biophile like this.

See more popular forum discussions.