• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Big Mistake, Conspiracy, or Nothing Unusual?

markmc20001

Just want to point out that paranoia is a known side-effect of B12 deficiency.

So what happens when a group of B12 depleted people are systematically abused by medical doctors, for whatever reason, and treated condescendingly by authorities? I suspect there is almost no way to convince B12 depleted people in this situation there is no conspiracy.

I don't know if there really are conspiracies here beyond the ordinary behavior of small-minded humans in high places, which is mostly stupidity and self-protection. And maybe some ME/CFS patients can make a difference by blowing the whistle, if they find a problem, I know CAA did that a few years ago with the CDC. But I have never seen any evidence of true conspiracies, intentional deception, in the CFS research world. Stupidity, definitely, just look at all the ridiculous psychological studies, but conspiracy? That may have happened on rare occasion but I don't think it is our main problem politically. Rather it is the stupid name and identity the CDC created for us.

Hi Kurt,

Your location says "USA. Earth" but your post sounds like you are on Mars today...little poke for the B12 comment...I happen to like B12 with a few other vitamins.

Should I just believe John Boehner, Michelle Bachman, Mitch McConnell, and think they are implementing everything in the public interest?

How about the Banksters? Should everybody just ignore the fact the banks don't have titles when they foreclose on somebody's house? And there are not really multiple people working for the mortage servicers named "Linda Green" Forging loan documents being paid $10 an hour?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/01/60minutes/main20049646.shtml?tag=contentMain;cbsCarousel

Should I just Believe that BP's previous CEO, Steven Koonin, doesn't now work for Dr Steven Chu of the department of Energy as the undersecretary for science??? Steven Koonin had no influence with how BP was treated for their spill in the Gulf?

http://motherjones.com/blue-marble/2010/05/steven-chus-ties-bp

Should I really believe that the situation in Tunusia, Egypt, and Lybia(all contiguous countries on the sea south of France) is all humanitarian? And everybody is just Hunky Dori in Dafur, North Korea, and the Ivory Coast?

Should I just believe the US health care law was written by Politicians lawyers and with no influence from lobbyists for the health care industry?

The US and UK are not the most powerful countries on this planet because it allows a bunch of politicians to make the rules and laws. The whole government is managed by lobbyists, Think tanks, and independent agencies like the CIA, and pentagon, chamber of commerce, that operate without elected officials and with little input from congress or the senate.

Planet Earth is now nothing like "Leave it to Beaver" on TV that government officials all want us to believe it is....

I'm on a planet that believes the US/UK are on top of the world for a reason. 330+ million people control the other 6 billion? No accident. It takes careful planning and influence by smarter people than Michelle Bachman, Eric Kantor, and Sarah Palin. I have no delusions that each agency has careful oversight to get desired outcomes.

All this doesn't happen by accident.

(edit) Money has been ruled free speech by the supreme court.

The head of the CDC is going or has gone to work at a vaccine manufacturer.

Have no delusions about the influential power of reciprocity..

markmc20001

Just want to point out that paranoia is a known side-effect of B12 deficiency. And CFS patients are often B12 depleted.

So what happens when a group of B12 depleted people are systematically abused by medical doctors, for whatever reason, and treated condescendingly by authorities? I suspect there is almost no way to convince B12 depleted people in this situation there is no conspiracy.

I don't know if there really are conspiracies here beyond the ordinary behavior of small-minded humans in high places, which is mostly stupidity and self-protection. And maybe some ME/CFS patients can make a difference by blowing the whistle, if they find a problem, CAA did that a few years ago with the CDC. But I have never seen any evidence of true conspiracies, intentional deception, in the CFS research world. Stupidity, definitely, just look at all the ridiculous psychological studies, but conspiracy? That may have happened on rare occasion but I don't think it is our main problem politically. Rather it is the stupid name and identity the CDC created for us.

Now that I re-read your post Kurt, I have a new thought for who the most problematic group might be. It's probably the drug company lobbyists who have systematically abused us patients.

I seriously doubt that many people are being abused by medical doctors. Those are mostly good people, even if many are only reading the CDC psychobabble studies.

I think the politicians(authorities) are the fuzzy bunnies, and that vaccine maker lobbyists, and big pharma lobbyists, are the wolves guarding the fuzzy bunny pen.

Not to mention the incestuous revolving door policy between governments and corporations that is problematic for us abused patients.

justinreilly

If this virus was created and spread in medical products such as biologicals, vaccines, etc., there is a huge vested interest in keeping that from the public. That is a conspiracy.

One incident that causes me to lean in this direction is the outbreak at Los Angeles County General Hospital in 1934 where 198 staff members, doctors and nurses, were severely afflicted. Although these patients were treated as if they were hysterical and the nurses were even hysterectomized, they won a legal settlement from the hospital for 6 million dollars in 1939. A condition of the settlement was that they refrain from talking publicly about their ordeal.

I agree about the vested interests.

Gag agreements in settlements are standard these days, I assume they were then. They are controversial, but legal. A gag agreement doesn't, by itself, necessarily mean that there was or was not something nefarious to hide. There certainly could be something wrong they were trying to hide, but the mere fact that there was a gag agreement, by itself, isn't suspicious to me.

justinreilly

Our most powerful Gov health institutions grossly negligent (to say the least) history and policies on ME/CFS cannot be adequately explained by stupidity. Not even close. "Malice" may be a bit harsh, but "stupidity" is out of the question.

Even if it is about something more self serving (ego's, greed, or protecting vital interests), and appearing less conspiratorial, it's still a conspiracy if they are willfully concealing such actions while knowing it is keeping the truth out of reach. It may not be with malice to deliberately do us harm, but it would be willfully preventing (aka concealing) the truth...and this has added to our extended suffering for a very long time.

Before experiencing first hand the world of ME/CFS politics, my mind just couldn't grasp such ideas that our Gov health institutions would have anything but our best interests at heart. I wouldn't have believed the weakest of conspiracy theories even if it crashed in my front yard. But 17 years of researching everything out there connected with this disease has changed my thinking. I don't believe for a second that it's about stupidity, incompetence, or just not getting it with this disease. Nor do I believe the other extremes such as deliberately hiding the truth from the start. I don't think they knew the truth from the start....I think they learned it along the way, and by then it had become much harder to expose. But of course, this is just my opinion.

Todd, I felt the video had relevance to this topic for 2 reasons....The Dr DeFreitus story, and Annette's statement about those who are withholding care for this disease.

I agree with you, Cloud. In the US, it seems to me that CDC and later NIH were mostly incompetent, sexist and criminally negligent, then those working on ME there eventually realized they were wrong, but couldn't go back mostly because they had misappropriated the whole "CFS" budget at CDC for years and lied about it to Congress year after year. So, to me, that is clearly a conspiracy.

I don't know enough about the UK situation, but it seems to me it is a cottage industry for psychiatrists who get perks, posts, publishing and prizes arranged by insurers. It is beyond doubt they know exactly what they are doing. I would think this awareness arose in the very beginning of their work or not that long there-after.

As to whether government agency and executive branch brass in each country knew and know the scam, that's definitely harder to assess. I would say in the US, probably at some point since patients have been protesting so long about it. I would think the evidence produced in the government reports of CDC "CFS" program malfeasance and nonfeasance in addition to the continued patient protests, including the fastidious documentation in Osler's Web (just it's existence, even if it were not read), and the bona fide scientific evidence and the ridiculously low levels of funding together would make any reasonable NIH and CDC brass investigate what was going on, rather than just accepting the word of Bill Reeves and Stephen Straus. The agency brass are politicians but they're also scientists, and hopefully public servants. I can't believe there wasn't any funny business at the top levels of CDC and NIH, certainly after 2000 when the government reports came out.

In the UK, whose govt treats pwME even worse than the US, I think the case is stronger for one because of the extent of the official misinformation and maltreatment; because they are so at odds with the science (and probably common-sense). Though to some extent, this may be partially explained by the cognitive biases of groupthink, etc. pointed out by urbantravels.

On balance though, the fact that the UK govt has so highly classified its documents on ME, way way beyond anything reasonable if the UK govt had not done something wrongful to cause ME, it's spread, denial and/or mistreatment, makes me land on the side of conspiracy at some point by the UK govt. This is a smoking gun to me. Sometimes the circumstantial evidence is so strong, we can reliably infer something despite not having any direct evidence. Res Ipsa Loquitor; the thing speaks for itself; 'nuff said.

Even harder to tell is whether there was some kind of conscious cover-up emanating from the top levels of the agencies and executive branch down from the very beginning. This would have happened in the case the US govt did something nefarious like manufacturing biological weapons which caused ME or just realized ME could possibly be caused by a pathogen present in vaccines produced by the government. I think there isn't much evidence of which we are aware for this scenario; though that doesn't mean it didn't occur; it may just mean that the evidence has not yet been produced (that the evidence, if it exists, has successfully been hidden).

justinreilly

yes, facts speak for themselves, but most people do not want to hear them! They want to be told what is acceptable ot believe rather than think and stand up for themselves, and that's big part of why the Human Race is so screwed up.
"WAKE UP SHEEPLES OUT THERE! Or yer gonna be shorn and made into mutton!" :p
"And they call ME nuts?!" :p

I've got to agree. We need to keep voicing the reasonable big-picture conclusions that can be solidly derived from the facts (eg CDC and NIH have always tried to crush ME science and patients) as well as the facts themselves. Unfortunately, most people, including me, are not equipped to evaluate medical and science data well. ME patients have to do it for them (in addition too presenting the facts).

markmc20001

Dr Kenneth Friedman illustrates the hassle he is getting from a previous university for research into CFS. He also describes what sounds like outright retaliation from the Government and the university. Too crazy not to watch. Unbelievable.

[video=youtube;KhB-701-BMU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhB-701-BMU&feature=player_embedded#at=349[/video]

C

Cloud

I highly recommend the book "Vaccine-A", by Gary Matsumoto. The book is primarily about GWI, but the similarities directly and indirectly relating to our situation, are quite disturbing. It's not only the well known common symptoms we share, but also the same Gov involvement with disguising the truth behind the "all in your head mass hysteria" smoke screen. And here too, it is done in spite of huge amounts of blatant evidence of biological disease. The book IMO, makes it quite clear that these are common tactics used by our Gov health agencies and military, to deliberately disguise the truth about the cause and truth of these diseases. One can also see that Stephen Straus, and the NIH had to of been fully aware way back that CFS was a true physical disease and not a Psych disorder. The book has many more similarities directly and indirectly related to CFS that will allow one to develop a more informed opinion about certain "conspiracy theories". Gary Matsumoto is an investigative journalistic using records, interviews, and factual data to support his thesis.

markmc20001

http://www.burzynskimovie.com/

Burzynski, the Movie is the story of a medical doctor and Ph.D biochemist named Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski who won the largest, and possibly the most convoluted and intriguing legal battle against the Food & Drug Administration in American history.

His victorious battles with the United States government were centered around Dr. Burzynski's gene-targeted cancer medicines he discovered in the 1970's called Antineoplastons, which have currently completed Phase II FDA-supervised clinical trials in 2009 and could begin the final phase of FDA testing in 2011barring the ability to raise the required $150 million to fund the final phase of FDA clinical trials.

When Antineoplastons are approved, it will mark the first time in history a single scientist, not a pharmaceutical company, will hold the exclusive patent and distribution rights on a paradigm-shifting medical breakthrough.

Antineoplastons are responsible for curing some of the most incurable forms of terminal cancer. Various cancer survivors are presented in the film who chose these medicines instead of surgery, chemotherapy or radiation - with full disclosure of medical records to support their diagnosis and recovery - as well as systematic (non-anecdotal) FDA-supervised clinical trial data comparing Antineoplastons to other available treatmentswhich is published within the peer-reviewed medical literature.

One form of cancer - diffuse, intrinsic, childhood brainstem glioma has never before been cured in any scientifically controlled clinical trial in the history of medicine. Antineoplastons hold the first cures in history - dozens of them. [ANP - PubMed 2003] [ANP - PubMed 2006] [Rad & other - PubMed 2008] [Chemo/Rad - PubMed 2005]

This documentary takes the audience through the treacherous, yet victorious, 14-year journey both Dr. Burzynski and his patients have had to endure in order to obtain FDA-approved clinical trials of Antineoplastons.

Dr. Burzynski resides and practices medicine in Houston, Texas. He was able to initially produce and administer his discovery without FDA-approval from 1977-1995 because the state of Texas at this time did not require that Texas physicians be required to adhere to Federal law in this situation. This law has since been changed.

As with anything that changes current-day paradigms, Burzynski's ability to successfully treat incurable cancer with such consistency has baffled the industry. Ironically, this fact had prompted numerous investigations by the Texas Medical Board, who relentlessly took Dr. Burzynski as high as the state supreme court in their failed attempt to halt his practices.

Likewise, the Food and Drug Administration engaged in four Federal Grand Juries spanning over a decade attempting to indict Dr. Burzynski, all of which ended in no finding of fault on his behalf. Finally, Dr. Burzynski was indicted in their 5th Grand Jury in 1995, resulting in two federal trials and two sets of jurors finding him not guilty of any wrongdoing. If convicted, Dr. Burzynski would have faced a maximum of 290 years in a federal prison and $18.5 million in fines.

However, what was revealed a few years after Dr. Burzynski won his freedom, helps to paint a more coherent picture regarding the true motivation of the United States government's relentless persecution of Stanislaw Burzynski, M.D., Ph.D.

toddm1960

If anyone has any high profile media or celeb connections it would be nice to forward them this video link. I can't believe even with the limited media coverage it has gotten that the story didn't blow up more. Guess that's what happens when the governement wants to cover things up.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
I am not sure there is any conspiracy or coverup. I have met enough doctors in my lifetime to know they come with some pretty large egos. I imagine the scientist ego is even bigger. I think they are just so convinced they are right that they can't see anything else.

They don't have to cover anything up. They have known about the posibility of murine viruses (or fragments of murine viruses) in vaccines for years and thought they were harmless to humans and still think they are harmless to us. They really do believe XMRV is a one time freak lab contaminant and it can't be found in humans. They are 100% convinced they are correct and; thus, have nothing to hide. They are just too important to be wrong (what they think anyway).

Oh yes, one more thing: They really do believe that CFS/ME and FMS are psychosomatic diseases. My doctor is one of them and I can tell you for sure she really really believes her theories are the right ones, even though she does not have these diseases herself. She wrote her thesis on it. And, if anyone tells her different, she will tell them off. It is an insult to her and her years of schooling. Not a thought goes into what those ideas do to us.

*GG*

Wow, I realize you might not have much of a selection, but can you find a different doctor? How can a Dr like that be of any value?

GG

markmc20001

I am not sure there is any conspiracy or coverup. I have met enough doctors in my lifetime to know they come with some pretty large egos. I imagine the scientist ego is even bigger. I think they are just so convinced they are right that they can't see anything else.

They don't have to cover anything up. They have known about the posibility of murine viruses (or fragments of murine viruses) in vaccines for years and thought they were harmless to humans and still think they are harmless to us. They really do believe XMRV is a one time freak lab contaminant and it can't be found in humans. They are 100% convinced they are correct and; thus, have nothing to hide. They are just too important to be wrong (what they think anyway).

Oh yes, one more thing: They really do believe that CFS/ME and FMS are psychosomatic diseases. My doctor is one of them and I can tell you for sure she really really believes her theories are the right ones, even though she does not have these diseases herself. She wrote her thesis on it. And, if anyone tells her different, she will tell them off. It is an insult to her and her years of schooling. Not a thought goes into what those ideas do to us.

Hi Mya,

To me actions speak louder than words. The actions of various agencies has proven, over a long time, there is a conspiracy. Not everybody is involved, most are manipulated. You can also watch the videos and read the links and stuff in this thread. The Dr Kenneth Friedman video is short and sweet.

I think most doctors just implement what is on the CDC website and actually want to help. However, if you believe that the CDC can be manipulated by big pharma in a way politicians are often manipulated. Than Houston, we have a problem.

Even many researchers are paralyzed at the thought the "science" the they are using has been contaminated. Contaminated by a select few.

Subtle Information and opinions are often spoon fed to the public thru television, news, and other forms on media. Stuff so clever, most people can't even realize it. See the news clip below and the thread that explains it. Pretty dang clever eah?

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?12449-MSNBC-Today-Show-Segment

BUT read this thread as a perfect example of how the definition of our disease has been cleverly and scientifically adjusted for the special interests. So clever, many researchers and doctors probably can't see it without knowing our unique history. It turns ME into CFS back in the 80's. The 80's is when it all started.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/show...e-difference-between-ME-and-CFS-to-the-public

Also,

Have you read the "dear sirs, I am sick.pdf" on Hillary Johnson's Osler's web? In which the lead researcher at the CDC, responsible for overseeing the ME outbreak investigations was basically making a big joke out of CFS and patients back in the 1980's?

http://www.oslersweb.com/

Right from the very beginning the CDC's policy was obvious. I haven't seen the CDC come out and apologize or do any meaningful research for 30 years while autism has spiraled out of control from 1 in ? to 1 in 68? Have you?

Even worse than that they have been doing research to make us seem depressed, lazy, crazy, etc...etc... to deny benefits.

That's a brief introduction, I could ramble on all day if I had the energy. Many patients here get it, many are too sick and avoid the stress of commenting though. Not a fun topic.

take care,
Markmc20001

SilverbladeTE

See the US/Uk governments actions against Gulf War Syndrome
Most telling is the documentary interview with the former US SEAL, who after leaving active duty, went to work in the US veterans administration to help his fellow servicefolk
he ended up in the department dealing with Gulf War SYndrome and found ot his horror a deliberate policy to silence, lie, and deny any help or serious scientific investigations into the syndrome and screw over the victims as the were "inconvenient" to high levels of government, for some reason.

Some people either know or just suspect and fear something and want it hushed up at ANY cost.
My own supiscion is that these illnesses are linked to vaccines, and hence the Power Elite are ruthlessly determined ot cover it up as they'd be crucified, literally for damaging millions of children.
Vaccine industry is worth about $50 billion/annum
In the US, pharma corps are the biggest lobbying group, they spend $2 billion a year on lobbying government alone, fourt time smore than the oil industry!

The blinkered hubris around vaccines is insane. Yes, they are one of the few viable treatments for viral disease. yes they are potentially fanastic life savers.
BUT...there are many, many problems the very poorly-scientific and practically aware medical community will even deign to think about, they are as bloody blinkered as freakin' pit ponies! :/
"Vaccines are God's gift they CANNOT cause harm!" is the mantra, bull ****** ****!! Multiple injections of severe immune reponse reactive materials, some live viruses even, and potential for contamination and reactions/pahtogens we as yet are scientificlaly ignorant of...is a catastrophy waiting to happen.
How bloody often have we seen "miracle cures!" turn out to have catastrophic problems in the long term?
They think that because somehting gives a benefit, that outweighs ANY potential harm, in fact, they refuse ot even accept they could cause harm...:rolleyes:

Another possibility (or synergistic issue) is organopshosphates: we've been spraying nerve gas on our food for 60 years, only now have they begun to admit that, duh!! those chemicals are much more poisonous than they stupidly told us, and they have very severe immune-system effects. Those exposed to high levels of organophosphates often develop multiple chemical sensitivity or suddenly develop a severe allergic reaction to somehting they didn't have before. And note, MCS is another illness the Weasel-types claimed was "Psychosomatic"...and guess what? they were WRONG, AGAIN!
Well no sh*t Sherlock! that was kind of damn obvious, DUH!
But, again, the industry is so vast powerful and in-bed with government it's a culture of denial.

At the end of World 2, the US took the German's store of Sarin nerve gas, and the British took the Tabun.
The British dumped 14,000 TONS of Tabun nerve gas in the sea NW of Ireland (and around 2 million tons of munitions in a sea trench 15 miles between the Irish and Scottish coasts), the Americans likewise dumped huge quantities of Sarin and VX nerve gas in the seas off their coast.
Several governments disposed of other German poison gas stock piles in the Skagerrak between Denmark and Sweden.
The potential risk is obvious and...suicidally stupid.
For those in America, look up the case of World War1 chemical weapons, Lewisite gas, being dug up in building work in Washington DC.

Human beings in groups, ie government, big business etc, become *INCREDIBLY* stupid :(

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Wow, I realize you might not have much of a selection, but can you find a different doctor? How can a Dr like that be of any value?

GG

She believes that trauma causes pain so prescribes pain medicines and that is why I go and see her. I've tried many doctors and 99% of them didn't want anything to do with me because of the CFS and FMS. She is the best I can do, unfortunately.

justinreilly

See the US/Uk governments actions against Gulf War Syndrome
Most telling is the documentary interview with the former US SEAL, who after leaving active duty, went to work in the US veterans administration to help his fellow servicefolk
he ended up in the department dealing with Gulf War SYndrome and found ot his horror a deliberate policy to silence, lie, and deny any help or serious scientific investigations into the syndrome and screw over the victims as the were "inconvenient" to high levels of government, for some reason.

That's so great for us that he came out publically! Some government workers have morals.

Are you referring to the Beyond Treason documentary?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9iRxiQoZjI

Vaccine industry is worth about $50 billion/annum
In the US, pharma corps are the biggest lobbying group, they spend $2 billion a year on lobbying government alone, fourt time smore than the oil industry!

Didn't know *that* much money was involved. It makes me suspect vaccines and the like even more now.

I agree that the level of unscientific denial is ridiculous.

SilverbladeTE

Justin
no it's in this documentary
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-475226309740846580#
GULF WAR SYNDROME - Killing Our Own
[video=google;-475226309740846580]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-475226309740846580#[/video]

Pharma corps
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmaceutical_industry#Controversy_about_drug_mar keting_and_lobbying
Controversy about drug marketing and lobbyingThere has been increasing controversy surrounding pharmaceutical marketing and influence. There have been accusations and findings of influence on doctors and other health professionals through drug reps, including the constant provision of marketing 'gifts' and biased information to health professionals;[38][39] highly prevalent advertising in journals and conferences; funding independent healthcare organizations and health promotion campaigns; lobbying physicians and politicians (more than any other industry in the US[40]); sponsorship of medical schools or nurse training; sponsorship of continuing educational events, with influence on the curriculum;[41] and hiring physicians as paid consultants on medical advisory boards.

To help ensure the status quo on U.S. drug regulation and pricing, the pharmaceutical industry has thousands of lobbyists in Washington, DC that lobby Congress and protect their interests. The pharmaceutical industry spent $855 million, more than any other industry, on lobbying activities from 1998 to 2006, according to the non-partisan Center for Public Integrity.[42]

Some advocacy groups, such as No Free Lunch, have criticized the effect of drug marketing to physicians because they say it biases physicians to prescribe the marketed drugs even when others might be cheaper or better for the patient.[43]

There have been related accusations of disease mongering[3] (over-medicalising) to expand the market for medications. An inaugural conference on that subject took place in Australia in 2006.[44] In 2009, the Government-funded National Prescribing Service launched the "Finding Evidence - Recognising Hype" program, aimed at educating GPs on methods for independent drug analysis.

A 2005 review by a special committee of the UK government came to all the above conclusions in a European Union context[45] whilst also highlighting the contributions and needs of the industry.

There is also huge concern about the influence of the pharmaceutical industry on the scientific process. Meta-analyses have shown that studies sponsored by pharmaceutical companies are several times more likely to report positive results, and if a drug company employee is involved (as is often the case, often multiple employees as co-authors and helped by contracted marketing companies) the effect is even larger.[46][47][48] Influence has also extended to the training of doctors and nurses in medical schools, which is being fought.[49]

It has been argued that the design of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders and the expansion of the criteria represents an increasing medicalization of human nature, or "disease mongering", driven by drug company influence on psychiatry.[50] The potential for direct conflict of interest has been raised, partly because roughly half the authors who selected and defined the DSM-IV psychiatric disorders had or previously had financial relationships with the pharmaceutical industry.[51] The president of the organization that designs and publishes the DSM, the American Psychiatric Association, recently acknowledged that in general American psychiatry has "allowed the biopsychosocial model to become the bio-bio-bio model" and routinely accepted "kickbacks and bribes" from pharmaceutical companies

wish I had kept link of article where they claimed the $2 billion figure, because there's a whole load going on we don't see

Enid

I think it's the infiltration of the psychiatric "profession" that is scary in the UK - could well be termed "conspiracy". It took years for my GP to admit to herself more than me "but you are not mad" (can't remember her exact description). Then too 4 junior Docs in Accident & Emergency following yet another collapse saying "we have a theory - it's all in the mind". So the psyches have penetrated deeply into medical teaching/textbooks. Is this the 21st century one's bound to ask.

markmc20001

more films

It's common knowledge now.....Cats out of the bag. Two more films

http://store.nehst.com/cutpoisonburn.html

Cut Poison Burn is a searing film that illuminates the grim truth about America's so-called War on Cancer. This thought-provoking documentary takes on the forces that have conspired to thwart meaningful advances in cancer research and treatment over the past century. These forces include the federal government (in its effort to label and persecute innovators as quacks), drug companies eager to suppress alternative treatments and powerful industry organizations that place profit over human lives. The story centers on the Navarros, a family struggling to keep their young son alive. The war between the Navarro Family and the FDA is perhaps this countrys greatest evidence as to why there should be medical freedom. As the personal meets the political, we see how the FDA holds a vise-like grip on treatment options. Heart-wrenching and informative, the film ultimately expresses the hope that we can create a new paradigm of prevention, medical freedom and acceptance of highly-tailored therapies to usher in a more enlightened era. Over 12 years, 150 hours of footage and interviews with top oncologists, researchers, policy-makers, homeopaths and patients carry the story and reveal that we are on the brink of disaster and in desperate need of reform.

http://www.underourskin.com/

A gripping tale of microbes, medicine & money, UNDER OUR SKIN exposes the hidden story of Lyme disease, one of the most serious and controversial epidemics of our time. Each year, thousands go undiagnosed or misdiagnosed, often told that their symptoms are all in their head. Following the stories of patients and physicians fighting for their lives and livelihoods, the film brings into focus a haunting picture of the health care system and a medical establishment all too willing to put profits ahead of patients.