May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Big Data: An Important Tool for Complex Diseases like ME/CFS

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by AndyPR, Sep 21, 2016.

1. AndyPR

AndyPR Cookies for Tired Sam

Although not credited on the page itself, I believe Dr. Zaher Nahle posts about big data in ME/CFS research.

http://solvecfs.org/big-data-an-important-tool-for-complex-diseases-like-mecfs/

Snow Leopard, ahimsa and aimossy like this.
  2. ahimsa

ahimsa Sick since 1990

Oregon, USA
    Thanks for posting the link, @AndyPR

I wish they'd make some changes to the Solve ME/CFS website (solvecfs.org).

For example, why does this article on big data have no date? (or am I missing it? I tried to look for one)

AndyPR likes this.
  3. KnightofZERO

KnightofZERO

Big data and the various 'omics fields: genomics, metabolomics, proteomics, transcriptomics, is hugely promising. However I hope that one group (or several groups in close collaboration) can get funding to do these studies on us. Ideally under the umbrella of a research initiative which included or was cognizant of other parts (such as stage of illness, severity, epidemiological concerns etc) *cough* open data-sharing.

Otherwise I think there could be disparate conclusions depending on sample size, laboratory procedures, definition used. In short I think it's hugely promising if done right. :rocket:

Snow Leopard likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.