1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bifido and Penicillin

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Christopher, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Christopher

Christopher Senior Member

Pennsylvania
    Just found this study:
    http://jac.oxfordjournals.org/content/55/1/38.full

I know that my mother was administered penicillin in her because she had to carry a message on her keychain that she is allergic to penicillin. I wonder if her "allergy" to penicillin was an effect of some of her bifido dying off? I was a c-section at birth, but breastfed.

Thoughts?
  2. Jon_Tradicionali

Jon_Tradicionali Senior Member

Zogor-Ndreaj, Shkodër, Albania
    It may have been a dramatic reaction by the bacteria to the penicillin which made her 'allergic'. All allergies are in fact bacteria induced after all..

I had a normal birth....normal everything.

Still I am messed up since that mysterious flu at age 4.

The bacteria your mum had at your time of birth were passed on to you. Thats the connection required to make the link.

See more popular forum discussions.