• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Beware of the bird(s) (chicken, ...)

Rolo

Too ill to twist
Hi,

For the last couple of years I'm writing all things down that I find important in a logbook. Like what I eat, medication and supplements that I take, changes in symptoms, activities, and much more. I've learned a lot about what to eat and not eat, what supplements are working (sort of) or which are not, etc

Two symptoms were always recurring and I couldn't find the cause.
- Night sweats (sometime also sweating after or during dinner)
- Constant urge to pee, this is not same then peeing a lot!, especially at night.

I tried everything (trial and error) but there's seams one thing I never thought about. You can be allergic/intolerant to "Chicken (meat)".

From the moment I stopped eating chicken those 2 symptoms disappeared completely.

Organic or not. Cooked, steamed, fried, etc . I tried it all, is doesn't matter.

I don't have these problems when I eat beef. Still not sure about turkey or other birds. Probably I will have problem with eggs. I have to do some thorough testing.

The strangest thing is when you eat only chicken meat( cooked or steamed) without anything else for 1 or 2 days you don't get these problems. From the the moment you start eating something else, something with some fibres in it, these symptoms come back.

It's making it even more difficult to create a working diet but I'm glad that I'm freed of these night sweats. Maybe my experiences could help others.

Has any one else experience the same ??

Best Regards,
Rolo.