1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Beware of tainted canteloupe--listeria outbreak

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by LaurelW, Sep 28, 2011.

1. LaurelW

LaurelW Senior Member

Utah
    Hi,

A bunch of canteloupes from western Colorado were recalled on September 10th due to contamination with the listeria bacteria. It is finally hitting all the major news outlets today. (What took them so long?) It only affects the elderly, pregnant women and people with compromised immune systems (that would be us).

See http://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-listeria-outbreak-deadliest-decade/story?id=14622507

They say it's all been recalled, but don't be so sure--my mom was at a conference last weekend where we've been hearing that 50% of the attendees got sick from this. The incubation period can last up to a month.
    My mom's case hasn't been confirmed yet, but her first symptoms were lightheadedness and grand mal seizures.

Just a heads up.

See more popular forum discussions.