1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

better exercise tolerance in the cold?

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by uni, Feb 8, 2012.

1. uni

uni

Does anyone else notice that their tolerance for physical activity is better when its cold?

2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Yes. I used to only exercise at night when it was cold even better if it was raining and I was getting wet as well (it was winter when I was doing that.. I probably was pputting myself at risk of hypothermia but oh well I could exercise better).

In my case I can exercise far better at such a time as me getting warm triggers off POTS. So if I can keep cool, I have far more hope of being able to exercise.

Suspect it may be POTS knocking you about some when you get warm if you are more able when cool.

3. Artstu

Artstu Senior Member

UK
    I usually do better in the very cold weather too, exposure to cold boosts mitocondria cells apparently. I had thought it was the subtle increase in oxygen in the air and the cooling effect keeping the muscles going that bit more. I find really wet days can leave me short of breath.

taniaaust1 likes this.
  4. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    Definitely for me as well and I think Artstu had a good explanation. It's common for healthy exercisers as well to do better in cooler conditions.

5. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    I do better overall with POTS in the cold. Heat is the worse trigger for me.

See more popular forum discussions.