• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Betaine HCL: take it with vitamins/meds? Results w/ methylation??

BadBadBear

This is probably waaaay too rudimentary of a question to even ask here. :rolleyes: But I have been wondering - is it safe to take Betaine HCL with vitamins? For example, can I take vitamin C with it, if I'm eating protein? What about taking Florinef with it? Are there any contraindications for Betaine, other than meals which don't contain protein? Is there any use in taking Betaine together with digestive enzymes??

I feel like I need Betaine with almost every small meal, as I usually try to have some protein. If I don't take Betaine, the food just sits in my stomach like a rock. Urfffff. Enzymes don't seem to do the trick as well.

If you were taking Betaine and were able to get off of it w/ methylation, can you please give me an idea of how long it took?

If my gut would start working, I think half of my misery would clear up.

Thanks!
Michelle