1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Beta Endorphin Deficiency - The Elephant in the Room

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by xks201, Oct 12, 2013.

1. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

Tramadol is a weak substitute. I wouldn't say it is nearly as potent as say vicodin or suboxone. It did nothing for me but sedate me.

2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    I suppose its an individual thing. I use tramadol for chronic back issues( severe facet joint arthritis) and compared to the morphine tablets i have tried in the past, tramadol was alot more effective for pain and didnt make me lethargic, where i found tramadol gave me an energy boost.

3. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

Morphine is on the opposite side of the spectrum. It is a potent opiate. And it is quite tranquilizing in my experience. I'd say vicodin or suboxone probably are closer to beta endorphin in terms of subjective effects felt.

4. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Doesnt make sense, hydrocodone in vicodin is metabolised into morphine by the liver. Many of these types of drugs are synthetic or semi-synthetic versions of morphine. I dont understand what u mean by spectrum in relationship to morphine being on the opposite side. To me the opposite side of morphine would be something like narcan which reverses the effects of narcotics?

Many of these types of narcotics depend on how the individuals liver metabolises them into morphine, some metabolise them better then others.

5. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA

I've used agmatine before and had either no response and at times a favorable response. At the time I took it, I could find only one supplier that distributed pure agmatine in a powder form.

What has been your experience with it?

I've tried low dose memantine with overall good results in relation to brain fog.

6. August59

Upstate SC, USA
    Don't know if this means anything, but morphine doesn't become a pain relieving substance until it makes it second pass through the liver. Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, Oxymorphone and Hydromorphone induce analgesic effects on their first pass.

7. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    My pots/ OI is definitely improved with vicodin...........and I also am one that has not needed to
    change my dose for years. I stayed away from opiates for years because of the addiction potential but I am here to say that this is one of the few things that really helps me in more ways than one. This might be a dumb question but can you get just pure codeine in a prescription without the added Tylenol?

8. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    I think thats why oral morphine isnt used that much but when used in injection then it works straight away without having to go through the liver to be metabolized. Also i think when morphine is used orally then much larger doses are used to get an effect versus when its injected.

9. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    Another thing I want to mention about the Vicodin that seems kind of odd...............sometimes it gives me energy (not an overstimulation) and at other times it relaxes me enough where I can get a nice nap............almost like it's balancing my nervous system..... Also......definitely improves my mood.

10. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    For me sometimes brain fog is a low grade headache, so taking something for headaches can help with the brain fog occassionally.

11. August59

Upstate SC, USA
    True, True - The best thing I have found for headache is Fiorcet. It's cheap and you can by it online pretty easily. You just can't take it for a week and then quit cause you will get a rebound headache

12. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

Agmatine is hit or miss.

Does the vicodin eliminate your pots?

See more popular forum discussions.