• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Beta Blocker for POTS, anyone?

Gingergrrl

@Sushi I wanted to tell you that I ordered two pairs of compression stockings from Bright Life Direct and they arrived today. I have not tried them yet but will let you know. I know they are not a miracle cure but I figured if they help the blood go from my legs to my heart, they can't hurt! I did a phone consult with the woman like you said and bought two different pairs at different levels of compression. She said I can return the for any reason and they were very inexpensive. Thanks again for the referral!

Kati

Patient in training
@Sushi I wanted to tell you that I ordered two pairs of compression stockings from Bright Life Direct and they arrived today. I have not tried them yet but will let you know. I know they are not a miracle cure but I figured if they help the blood go from my legs to my heart, they can't hurt! I did a phone consult with the woman like you said and bought two different pairs at different levels of compression. She said I can return the for any reason and they were very inexpensive. Thanks again for the referral!

Use kitchen gloves to put them on. It helps.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Use kitchen gloves to put them on. It helps.
I've used the rubber kitchen gloves for full compression stockings and agree, they are a big help! But these knee socks are more like ordinary cotton knee socks--but with compression. I find them very easy to put on just with my hands. Once I ease it over the fut, I just pull it up!

Sushi

Kati

Patient in training
I've used the rubber kitchen gloves for full compression stockings and agree, they are a big help! But these knee socks are more like ordinary cotton knee socks--but with compression. I find them very easy to put on just with my hands. Once I ease it over the fut, I just pull it up!

Sushi
Yeah you get the hang out of it quickly, but it's a good protection against runs to wear the gloves the first couple of times

Gingergrrl

@Kati thanks for the feedback re: the kitchen gloves and these are ribbed cotton like what Sushi said (but two different compression levels, lengths and material softness.) I don't think they could run but I may need help if I am not strong enough to put them on.

The ones I tried from CVS were really crappy and could have run but also were so tight that I literally could not put them on by myself and they hurt to wear them. I already know these are better and will write more once I try them tomorrow.

Gingergrrl

@Sushi I wanted to let you know that I have been wearing the compression stockings all day and they are great! These are the lightest level of compression 10-15 mmHg (I hope I am remembering the term correct) and they were still too difficult for me to put on myself and my husband had to do it. But I have very poor arm strength and someone else might have no problem with them.

Once on though, they are very comfortable and almost feel like they are massaging your calves vs. having the usual calf pain. I feel much better than I did this morning and other than trying Midodrine again (after a week break) I am not doing anything else differently and I think the stockings do help.

So far, I give them a :thumbsup::star:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Once on though, they are very comfortable and almost feel like they are massaging your calves vs. having the usual calf pain. I feel much better than I did this morning and other than trying Midodrine again (after a week break) I am not doing anything else differently and I think the stockings do help.

So far, I give them a :thumbsup::star:
Great! So glad to hear. Do you mind saying which "style" is working for you? For me it is the 20 - 30 compression Sambas that seem to work the best. I know exactly what you mean about feeling massaged!

Sushi

Gingergrrl

Great! So glad to hear. Do you mind saying which "style" is working for you? For me it is the 20 - 30 compression Sambas that seem to work the best. I know exactly what you mean about feeling massaged!

Sushi

@Sushi sorry I missed your question and I am behind again on responding to posts! I ordered two different types of compression stockings but only tried the first one so far (and still love it!)

It is called "Allegro Pillow Soft Diabetic Knee High" in black, size one with compression of 10-15 mmHg. I am not diabetic and the socks are good for many different purposes. It helps my calf pain and almost massages your calves and I feel more sturdy with them on. My arms are too weak to put them on by myself though.

The second pair which I have not tried yet is called "Allegro Swing Italian Cotton Sock" but on the phone I thought I ordered the Samba one that you recommended (unless you recommended both and I am confused?!). This one is slightly higher compression of 15-20 mmHg. Will let you know when I try it.