Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Beta Amyloid Reverses MS

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by jeffrez, Aug 2, 2012.

1. jeffrez

jeffrez Senior Member

NY
    GcMAF Australia, Crux and Bob like this.
  2. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    Hi Jeffrez;

It again seems that there may be a purpose for what appears to be nonsense. Maybe initially, Beta- Amyloid collects to protect inflamed areas of the brains of people with Alzheimer's, but is then caught at the scene of the incident.

Here's a brief article that explains a bit about the function of Beta-Amyloid :

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/11/091123114813.htm

GcMAF Australia and jeffrez like this.
  3. jeffrez

jeffrez Senior Member

NY
    Very interesting and likely, Crux, seeing how hydrogenated/trans fats, mercury and other inflammatory/damaging toxins are implicated in Alzheimer's. The amyloid could just be a defense mechanism that backfires in the effort to protect the neuron. Humans haven't really seen the levels of environmental toxins that we're subjected to now, so perhaps it's the best our poor brains can do atm.

GcMAF Australia and Crux like this.
  4. GcMAF Australia

GcMAF Australia Senior Member

Interesting.
    There are other possible anti-inflammatory tools,
    Dietary eg http://www.naturehaditfirst.com/
    Modulation of cytokines
    Reveal Therapies (using a type of dialysis)
    Vitamin D is anti-inflammatory.
    I am working on the theory that all/most (these) diseases are associated with inflammatory mechanisms.
    Therefore what helps one disease will help others if it is associated with reduction of inflammation.
    Gut bacteria and food intolerances can cause inflammation, seem to affect brain and "cause" CFS
    Hope this helps
    I seem to remember a paper that associates vitamin D with amyloid levels in brain.
    Also a crystallin B is found in brain, cardiovascular and cancers.
    In glia cells in brain

See more popular forum discussions.