1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

best things for mood

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by ramakentesh, Apr 22, 2012.

1. hixxy

hixxy Woof woof

Russell Island, Australia
    Pre-ME I tolerated Citalopram, so maybe I should give low dose Escitalopram a go. MY last doctor put me on Cymbalta and that was just crapola. I suspect I don't even have low norepinephrine.
  2. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    You can get escitalopram in drops, so you can start with a very low dose.
  3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    A recent study, i think last year said that zoloft and escitalopram had the best effect and side effect profile of the current ad's, supposedly better then the new snri's.
    Good dhea levels can also have antidepressant effects too.

cheers!!!
  4. hixxy

hixxy Woof woof

Zoloft gave me anger side effects when I tried it 7 years ago. It's apparently a common side effect.

hixxy
  5. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Sertraline has some pro-dopaminergic action; that could maybe explain it.
  6. BEG

BEG Senior Member

Southeast US
  7. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    5htp, calling or visiting freinds, watching a funny movie or tv show, taking a walk and just getting out of the house. Tc .. X
  8. hixxy

hixxy Woof woof

I too have had this complte numb feeling depression. I found it by far the wost of all! It makes you completely unable to function as a human being.

hixxy
  9. SaraM

SaraM Senior Member

Hormones and amino acids after proper testing, and before taking antidepressants. Vitamins and minerals helped a little but not much.
  10. hixxy

hixxy Woof woof

Raising my neurotransmitters nutritionally hasn't worked -- short of fixing methylation. Consequently I can't tolerate testosterone unless I can get my serotonin to go up or I become agitated and aggressive. Testosterone / serotonin ratio is important.

Low serotonin and testoerone supplementation equals mild roid rage!

hixxy
  11. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    i cant remember if u said u have tried it, but 5htp twice a day, maybe work up to 100mg twice a day, if it makes u sleepy then take it all at night. With the help of a doc some find very low dose ssri with 5htp can wok really well but there is a chance of serotonin syndrome.

cheers!!!
  12. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    I think it's helpful to have this info. But my concern about this dicussion is that it could be dangerous for a patient suffering from depression not to follow the advise from their doctor. A patient with severe to moderate depression can be very vulnerable. So any changes to doses and meds need to be done in collaboration with the prescribing doctor. I just want to point that out, because depression can be a dangerous illness.
  13. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

B.C., Canada
    Niacinamide is also a serotonin precursor. My naturopath recommends that with 5HTP. I've found that it works for a while and then doesn't, so I also take st john's wort once in a while too.
  14. golden

golden Senior Member

Clear Light
    Female Essence - by Jan De Vries - works for me

See more popular forum discussions.