1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Best test to measure glutathione in kidney ?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by globalpilot, Apr 9, 2012.

1. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    Hi Rich,

I think you've discussed this in the past. Does the plasma glutathione test performed at Health Diagnostics indicate whether kidney glutathione is sufficient as well ?

Thanks, Susan
  2. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, Susan.

I think that the urine pyroglutamic acid on the organic acids panels is probably the most direct test for glutathione level in the kidneys, based on the fact that the kidneys have about the most active gamma glutamyl cycle, which produces pyroglutamic acid as it cycles glutathione, but in the cases I've seen in which both a urine organic acids test and the methylation pathways panel have been run, it looks like the correlation between that and the plasma reduced glutathione measurement on the latter is pretty good. I guess to really verify this, a research study involving biopsy of the kidney would have to do be done.

Best regards,

Rich

See more popular forum discussions.