1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Best spirulina product?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by maryb, Oct 16, 2013.

1. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    I'm looking to buy a nutri-bullet, have been advised to try maca plus wheatgrass plus spirulina in with the fruit and veg.

Obviously I will add them slowly once I've started blending, but looking at the sources I'm a bit apprehensive about spirulina, I want something that is guaranteed pure, or should I just leave it out?

allyb and rosie26 like this.
  2. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Nobody take spirulina???

allyb likes this.
  3. Lynn_M

Lynn_M Senior Member

Western Nebraska
    I wouldn't add the spirulina. It has Vitamin B12 analogues, which will bind to your Vitamin B12 receptors but won't provide the biological activity of true Vitamin B12. I bought a microalgae product called BioSuperfood made by BioNutrition. It has 2 types of spirulina plus Dunaliella and Astaxanthin and is grown in an enclosed bioincubator with a pure water source. Seems like a great product, but I almost always muscle test poorly with it. I think it's because I was low in Vit B12.

allyb and maryb like this.

See more popular forum discussions.