1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Embracing Change - ME and the International Classification of Diseases
The WHO ICD featured recently in an online article (since withdrawn), which heightened patient concern over what might happen when the current ICD-10 is finally revised. N.A.Wright provides a timely summary of this international classification system, considers some of the issues...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Best spirulina product?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by maryb, Oct 16, 2013.

1. maryb

maryb Senior Member

UK
    I'm looking to buy a nutri-bullet, have been advised to try maca plus wheatgrass plus spirulina in with the fruit and veg.

Obviously I will add them slowly once I've started blending, but looking at the sources I'm a bit apprehensive about spirulina, I want something that is guaranteed pure, or should I just leave it out?
    allyb and rosie26 like this.
  2. maryb

maryb Senior Member

UK
    Nobody take spirulina???
    allyb likes this.
  3. Lynn_M

Lynn_M Senior Member

Western Nebraska
    I wouldn't add the spirulina. It has Vitamin B12 analogues, which will bind to your Vitamin B12 receptors but won't provide the biological activity of true Vitamin B12. I bought a microalgae product called BioSuperfood made by BioNutrition. It has 2 types of spirulina plus Dunaliella and Astaxanthin and is grown in an enclosed bioincubator with a pure water source. Seems like a great product, but I almost always muscle test poorly with it. I think it's because I was low in Vit B12.
    allyb and maryb like this.

See more popular forum discussions.