1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
California 2014: IACFS/ME Day Four: Translating Science into Clinical Care: 23 March 2014
It is Day Four and the final conference session from San Francisco. In this review we hear from Searcher about the neurosciences session, and PET and EEG analysis, then a study on cognitive functioning, followed by a debate on the revised 2014 IACFS/ME Primer, and then we wrap-up the...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

BEST of 2009: the Professionals

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Cort, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Many professionals made a difference in 2009 - Here's my preliminary list

Dr. Peterson
    Dr. Mikovits
    Dr. Klimas
    Dr. Friedberg
    Dr. Jason
    Dr. Donnica Moore
    Dr. Vernon
    Dr. Wanda Jones
    Dr. Kerr
    Dr. Light

We can only do 10. Anyone else?
  2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Cort, if you mean Dr. Wanda Jones you should maybe make that clearer. A different Dr Jones comes up regularly if one looks through PubMed for the year!
  3. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Good point. Thanks
  4. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

I looked through PubMed to jog my memory (although haven't read all the papers yet I'd like to read).

I'd also like to mention

Dr Maes - particularly for the CBT/GET review (which can be downloaded from: http://node.nel.edu/?node_id=8918 or http://niceguidelines.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/twisk-maes-cbt1.pdf )

Dr. Shepherd - for all the work he does for the cause for free and his continuing input (as he knows the literature so well - it would take a newcomer a long long time to build up the knowledge and of course he's a patient so brings that angle)

Dr. Goudsmit - for papers she got published http://freespace.virgin.net/david.axford/ellen-cv.htm and her continuing input (as she knows the literature so well - would take a newcomer a long long time to build up the knowledge and of course she's a patient so brings that angle)

Dr. Chia - for keeping going with enteroviral angle

I would probably like to add others that found exercise abnormalities/muscle abnormalities.
  5. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Very nice - thank you. I can't believe I forgot Dr. Chia. I'm thinking making this a researchers poll.

Dr. Peterson
    Dr. Mikovits
    Dr. Klimas
    Dr. Jason
    Dr. Vernon
    Pacific Fatigue Lab
    Dr. Kerr
    Dr. Light
    Dr. Chia

Adding Dr. Donnica Moore, Dr. Jones, Dr. Freidberg to Advocates Poll. Advocates poll would also include Annette Whittemore, Hilary Johnson, Kim McCleary, Tom K, me, John Herd, Mike Dessin (simply for telling his story), Dr. Shephard, Mary Schweitzer, Khaylal, Craig Maupin, Jodi Bassett, ....that's too many ....

Could do a Doctors Poll -going poll crazy :)
  6. Marylib

Marylib Senior Member

New Zealand
    Dr. Shepherd

He should definitely get a nod, in my opinion.
  7. Koan

Koan Be the change.

I agree!

What are the polls for?
  8. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    The best of 2009

Cort: I think Dr Vance Spence (who is very unwell with M.E.) and Dr Neil Abbot of ME Research UK, the only group to be undertaking biomedical research in the U.K., should have a mention
  9. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

Not sure how Dr Wanda Jones would take being called an advocate - or how others in government would perceive it, although I'm a HUGE Wanda K fan. How about a special award for superlative administrative support?

Dr Coffin to researchers, Dr Bateman & Dr Bell to either, me_agenda, luminescent_feeling to advocate

Maybe special mention of all who made in person or written submissions to the CFSAC.
  10. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Although I think they do great work, the "only" part of your sentence isn't correct.
  11. sosumi

sosumi

Advocates of the last two decades.

Why don't I see any mention of RESCIND, Tom and Jerry? RESCIND has done more for awareness worldwide than anyone by creating May 12 Awareness Day, Lobby Days and reading patients' testimony before the government when patients were to ill to attend. Just to mention a few of their accomplishments.
  12. fresh_eyes

fresh_eyes happy to be here

mountains of north carolina
    Hi sosumi. I'm embarrassed to say I've never even heard of RESCIND - which makes me realize, Cort, this could be a great opportunity to post links and info on all these folks.
  13. sosumi

sosumi

14. fresh_eyes

fresh_eyes happy to be here

mountains of north carolina
    Thanks for that link, sosumi. I have much to learn. Do you know when that was written? Cort, dates on those pieces would be great.
  15. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Yes, that was May, 2008 - I just put it on there.

RESCIND would be in for Lifetime Achievement. I don't think they've done much for quite awhile.
  16. anne_likes_red

anne_likes_red Senior Member

Another nod here.

Definitely definitely.

See more popular forum discussions.