1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Best labs for detecting opportunistic fungi

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by kday, May 22, 2013.

1. kday

kday Senior Member

Hi. I don't have Candida but I have a some other fungal organism (in my stool) that won't culture. Antifungals such as Nystatin and Diflucan don't do much, but natural things like colloidal silver, oregano oil, GSE extract (not completely natural) seem to hit something real hard. And capryllic acid does as well to some degree.

I can't say I know what these are hitting (bacteria, fungus, virus), but symptoms point to gastrointestinal system and maybe systemic since I get neuroinflammatory reactions, aches, pains, and general sense of feeling toxic. Symptoms improve when I stop things for a couple days.

I'm looking for a lab that tests for a broad range of fungal organisms. Spirostat does, but they are not currently accepting new samples.

Is there any other lab that compares to their fungi panel? It's a shame they aren't accepting samples right now because this panel is only $250.

http://www.spirostat.com/fungi_panel.php#fungi
  2. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    Hi,
    That looks like a great test.
    Labcorp does test for IgG to many of the fungi (14 of them).

GP
  3. kday

kday Senior Member

The problem I see is those tests just see antibody response. It can't identify invasive infection as with PCR. Correct me if I am wrong.
  4. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    It will tell you if your blood is reacting with an antibody response. I don't see why it wouldn't react to a systemic infection.
  5. Hip

Hip Senior Member

How do you know that you have a fungal infection in your bowels?

See more popular forum discussions.