1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Brain Cells Making us Sick? The microglia connection in ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, could trigger and perpetuate the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Best lab test for vitamin/mineral levels?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by maryb, Feb 20, 2014.

1. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Can anyone suggest a good test? I want to get a baseline for where I'm at.
    I've been using transdermals for a short time. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis last year so even more important not to make sure I get the right supps in. I struggle to take multis but am also actively looking for one I can tolerate, the rubbing in of the TD's is wearying.

I did have a Spectracell one a few years ago, maybe still the best?
    A UK lab is offering a mini nutrients Spectracell - not sure what that means though.
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Is the Genova NutrEval available in the UK at a reasonable price? I have had both that and the Spectracell and the NutrEval tests many more things--maybe more than you want!

Sushi
    Ema likes this.
  3. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    @Sushi
    that's brilliant thanks - yes Genova is available here - and whats fantastic is the private hospital just 1 mile away is now doing a phlebotomy service - my god I never thought I could get this giddy about giving blood:)
    Ema and Sushi like this.
  4. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    @maryb I'm getting my DEXA done next week. I haven't had one in I think 2 years. I was diagnosed with Osteopenia a few years before that and was able to get some improvement with supplements but I changed what I was doing so I'm curious to see where I'm at now.

Hope it works out for you with the lab.

See more popular forum discussions.