1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Chronic Fatigue Initiative and Interview with Mady Hornig
In a follow-up article to the recent IACFS/ME conference presentation in San Francisco, and after speaking at length with Dr. Mady Hornig, 'searcher' delves deeper into the impressive work being completed by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative, and focuses in on those cytokine results ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Best lab test for vitamin/mineral levels?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by maryb, Feb 20, 2014.

1. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Can anyone suggest a good test? I want to get a baseline for where I'm at.
    I've been using transdermals for a short time. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis last year so even more important not to make sure I get the right supps in. I struggle to take multis but am also actively looking for one I can tolerate, the rubbing in of the TD's is wearying.

I did have a Spectracell one a few years ago, maybe still the best?
    A UK lab is offering a mini nutrients Spectracell - not sure what that means though.
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Is the Genova NutrEval available in the UK at a reasonable price? I have had both that and the Spectracell and the NutrEval tests many more things--maybe more than you want!

Sushi
    Ema likes this.
  3. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    @Sushi
    that's brilliant thanks - yes Genova is available here - and whats fantastic is the private hospital just 1 mile away is now doing a phlebotomy service - my god I never thought I could get this giddy about giving blood:)
    Ema and Sushi like this.
  4. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    @maryb I'm getting my DEXA done next week. I haven't had one in I think 2 years. I was diagnosed with Osteopenia a few years before that and was able to get some improvement with supplements but I changed what I was doing so I'm curious to see where I'm at now.

Hope it works out for you with the lab.

See more popular forum discussions.