• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best lab for urine toxic chemicals/metals?

kday

Rich mentioned a lab to me about a year ago, but I can't find his reply. I believe the lab was able to identify known and unknown elements in the urine with mass spectrometry or something like that.

I wish I could find his reply. I don't think it was a typical lab if I can remember right.

What are the best labs for testing for this kind of thing? Not just heavy metals. But chemicals and all sorts of things.

roxie60

I am also interested in this. I found a lab that does metals urine testing (UEE? from Great Plains Lab) like Yasko requests but it seems to involve chelation (purging?) and I have read a couple of places that is not good for us, can cause more symps. Not sure if important to do a metals test before and after chelation. Just cant fathom causing myslf more issues right now. So I would like to know what is a good, reputable test for metals that also provides interpretive info.