1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
California 2014: IACFS/ME Day Two: Translating Science into Clinical Care: 21 March 2014
Searcher kicks us off on Day Two, with an autoimmunity overview, then we are into immunology and cytokines, we hear from Susan Levine and the allergy-related signatures study done with Lipkin et. al, a talk about paravirus B-19, Mady Hornig from CFI with more research, John Chia who...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Best lab for urine toxic chemicals/metals?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by kday, Dec 12, 2012.

1. kday

kday Senior Member

Rich mentioned a lab to me about a year ago, but I can't find his reply. I believe the lab was able to identify known and unknown elements in the urine with mass spectrometry or something like that.

I wish I could find his reply. I don't think it was a typical lab if I can remember right.

What are the best labs for testing for this kind of thing? Not just heavy metals. But chemicals and all sorts of things.
    roxie60 likes this.
  2. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Illinois, USA
    I am also interested in this. I found a lab that does metals urine testing (UEE? from Great Plains Lab) like Yasko requests but it seems to involve chelation (purging?) and I have read a couple of places that is not good for us, can cause more symps. Not sure if important to do a metals test before and after chelation. Just cant fathom causing myslf more issues right now. So I would like to know what is a good, reputable test for metals that also provides interpretive info.

See more popular forum discussions.