• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BEST HEAVY METAL TEST

Jimbo39

I heard hair, blood, and urine tests may not be the best indicators for HM as the may be sequestered in tissue. What's the most reliable test?

cman89

I have heard of many people using Doctor's Data hair analysis. Google Cutler Chelation and you will be on a good track

Jimbo39

I have heard of many people using Doctor's Data hair analysis. Google Cutler Chelation and you will be on a good track

Thank you cman. Yes @caledonia just turned me on to Dr Cutler so I'll investigate further. I'm a little hesitant to start chelation right now. How was your experience?

cman89

Thank you cman. Yes @caledonia just turned me on to Dr Cutler so I'll investigate further. I'm a little hesitant to start chelation right now. How was your experience?
Positive the first time, which could have been metal removal or it could have been simply the stimulation of ALA. I do know that since then I have taken ALA on a one off basis, and no seeming "Metal Disturbance" so that may have not been the issue. As far as subsequent attempts I have noticed no real change either way. I would recommend with this one that you do test if you can, and read the literature thoroughly. You will have to be getting up at night to do true cutler chelation, so decide if that is worth it or not at this point for you.

Jimbo39

Positive the first time, which could have been metal removal or it could have been simply the stimulation of ALA. I do know that since then I have taken ALA on a one off basis, and no seeming "Metal Disturbance" so that may have not been the issue. As far as subsequent attempts I have noticed no real change either way. I would recommend with this one that you do test if you can, and read the literature thoroughly. You will have to be getting up at night to do true cutler chelation, so decide if that is worth it or not at this point for you.

Does ALA help those with HM toxicity? My blood HM test showed <dl mercury (the one I'm concerned about) but appearantly Dr Cutler doesn't consider this a reliable test. When you mentioned not noticing any change do you mean you can feel if a HM is affecting you adversely? Brain fog?