The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Best functional methylation test?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Tashy32, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Tashy32

Tashy32

Hi,

Following on from my earlier post today, i wanted to quickly ask whether anyone could advise me on the best functional methylation test? I have done Yasko's test but not found it overly helpful and quite complex to understand.

I am based in Europe and therefore also assume i can't do the US-based methylation tests.

2. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

Canada
    Methylation pathway test by Health Diagnostics and Research Institute is probably the best one. It will show you your levels of oxidized glutathione, reduced glutathione, S-a-methionine RBC, tetrahydrofolate THE, 5methylTHF, 5formylTHF, folinic acid, folic acid RBC and adenosine.

I had no problem getting my sample to them from Canada so they may take yours too. Actually now that I think back, it wasn't exactly 'no problem' as they were very disorganized and it took a fair bit of emailing back and forth.

3. Tashy32

Tashy32

Thanks, I see from their website that a doctor needs to order this test. Do you know if it needs to be a fully medically trained doctor or can an alternative practitioner order this too?

4. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

Canada
    A naturopath can order it too.

See more popular forum discussions.