• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best functional methylation test?

Hi,

Following on from my earlier post today, i wanted to quickly ask whether anyone could advise me on the best functional methylation test? I have done Yasko's test but not found it overly helpful and quite complex to understand.

I am based in Europe and therefore also assume i can't do the US-based methylation tests.

helen1

Methylation pathway test by Health Diagnostics and Research Institute is probably the best one. It will show you your levels of oxidized glutathione, reduced glutathione, S-a-methionine RBC, tetrahydrofolate THE, 5methylTHF, 5formylTHF, folinic acid, folic acid RBC and adenosine.

I had no problem getting my sample to them from Canada so they may take yours too. Actually now that I think back, it wasn't exactly 'no problem' as they were very disorganized and it took a fair bit of emailing back and forth.

Thanks, I see from their website that a doctor needs to order this test. Do you know if it needs to be a fully medically trained doctor or can an alternative practitioner order this too?